Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: why would anyone do this?

why would anyone do this?

So I get an add from an embroidery pattern company and they show embroidery on toilet paper...now given what toilet paper is used for why would you embroidery it...I would hesitate to use it for it's prime function and when in the bathroom it's prime function is vital...so what is up?
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

Blog Entries
    I have seen those. My friend Cindi and I have wondered that for YEARS. Seems like such a waste to me, especially since embroidery thread is rather expensive. The only thing I can think of is that particular roll is used for decoration? Don't know that I'd decorate with toilet paper. Or maybe a gag gift. To each his/her own, I guess.

Time is too precious to embroider on TP. I don't get it either.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Power Poster
    ​Some embroider cute sayings for a gag gift. It's purpose I guess is for a laugh or display.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, when SO retired, that was one of the "gag" gifts he got.

Blog Entries
    Seems like no matter what that embroidered TP would be a bit scratchy.........
    Never let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

My husband received this as a gift from our DIL. She had just received her new embroidery machine and she made him a toilet roll with a cute saying on it. We keep it on a shelf in our bathroom. Just for your information, the saying was this: Happy Father's Day. For all the **** I put you through. The **** was embroidered as a brown lump, use your imagination for what it means.

Blog Entries
    I have seen those and wondered about how much time the person making it has...wishing I had that much time. They've also been displayed as a sleeve to go around an extra roll. Not my thing, but some folks might like them.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I would think that is a gag gift for the person who has everything.

I got one at guild grab bag day. It looked awful. I tossed it when I got home.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Who wants to waste thread like that?

It is meant to be decorative, not useful. lol Having said that, I wouldn't waste my time.

Those type of designs have been around awhile. I did one as a gag gift for one my co-workers. She got a kick out of it and she displays it in her bathroom...........not for use unless extreme measures are necessary.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    takes to long to emb on a home machine, I wondered about it too. strange.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

You only embroider on a couple sheets of toilet paper folded together. I made them as gag Christmas gifts several years ago. The recipient can tear the sheet with the embroidery off and throw it away and use the rest of the roll.
    Gloria 

Blog Entries
    I received a roll of embroidered t.p. in my ( secret Santa) gift package last year. I placed it on the back of the toilet as part of the Christmas decorations. After the holidays it was put away with everything else. Seems like my ( Santa) did some work to create it for me. I don't think it would be that easy to embroider on anything that ( fragile)
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I have embroidered on many things but embroidering on toilet paper, never!

Blog Entries
    Could be a cheap (sort of) material to practice on or preview a design. I wouldn't' t waste my thread on it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Seems like no matter what that embroidered TP would be a bit scratchy.........
    Cute........LOL
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Power Poster
    very weird!
    QUILTNMO

I made a bunch one year for Christmas gifts for my coworkers. I worked in a different school every day and thought they might enjoy something different and fun. I put notes on them that said "for display only". I even got some special requests for designs. I only had one negative response, everyone else was fascinated that I could actually embroider on toilet paper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

If the one I got looked that good I'd have kept it in my sewing room. Mine was on really cheap paper. I don't mind cheap paper but I did mind the miss spelled Christmas. I always get the cheap secret sister at guild. LOL
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

ket
    I too have embroidered on toilet paper. I put a snowman face on the TP put a piece of cardboard with chocolate colored felt on top of the cardboard and had a Snowman smore. I also wanted to do something for my chemo nurses and did Christmas ones for them. Inexpensive way to say Thank you. They really look nice in a basket with Christmas towels on the back of the toilet.