William and Cate

Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 PM

William, Harry and Charles use the last name of Wales. The rest of the Royal family are Windsors. Charles and his sons use Wales because Charles is the Prince of Wales.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:25 PM

They were members of the Anglican Order, The Sisters of the Church, one of whom is, I think, a Chaplain at the Abbey.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by sall
Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
It was really nice to have the Middleton's invite their butcher, postman, and pub owner. It is surprising that the Queen allowed it!. This new couple is NOT stuffy - they are the good part of the "modern" couple and its wonderful that they will be living in a 4 bedroom house away from all of the formal way. Maybe there might be a special program on all of those hats! Did you notice the lady in a bright blue dress with the matching hat straight up and down practically on her face?? Interesting. And the crowds were very contained - in the US we would probably have a little less decorum(?)
Just found out who it was in the straight up and down hat. It was Tara Palmer Tompkinson, whose family are friends of Prince Charles. She is a total nut case, always doing way out things. Only she would wear such a thing on her head.
I think your remarks re Tara Palmer Tompkinson are a little unkind!! She is a very talented classical pianist. She has had problems with drugs in her time but is certainly not a 'nut case'!!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Radiana
I also loved it and got a little teary eyed when William and Harry walked in to the church. I really loved Princess Diana and William especially reminded me of her.

I loved so many of the ladies outfits and their hats as well. There were some that were pretty wild but God bless them for wearing hats. All our old movies show that ladies here in the states used to wear them, I wonder why they went out of fashion.

Loved Kates dress, it was perfect for her. At first I thought it was a little subdued for a royal wedding but it only took a minute to see that it was very elegant and I realized the simplicity of it made you focus on the bride herself. I do have to say that Diana's dress was just incredible to me. I loved everything about it, those puffy sleeves and all, to me it trully said fairytale.

Someone mentioned the bouqet being a little small and I agree. That was a bit of a surprise to me.

I finally had to go to bed at a little after four and I was watching it on my computer so I'll see the rest of it on tape but I have a few questions about what I did see and if any gals from England can help me with it I would be greatful.

When The Queen came in to the church she was greeting some of the clerics at the door. I saw Price Charles give her a kiss on the cheek then it seemed like Camilla may have asked if she could give her a kiss because the Queen looked at Camilla and sort of shook her head and then Camilla curtsied. Maybe I was reading that wrong but I guess my question is .........is a daughter in law not allowed to kiss the Queen?

Second question is about the nuns up there on the altar. Does the Church of England have nuns like the Catholics do and if so how did these nuns get to be at the altar?

When the bride and groom along with the parents and Harry and Pippa went through a door at the altar was that to sign a marraige registration or was that for a civil ceremony? I remember when Charles and Camilla got married it seemed like they had a two part wedding at two different places. I haven't seen the whole coverage and someone mentioned that Charles and Camilla looked happy but when they walked into the church Camilla didn't look happy at all it seemed that she was a little under the weather.

I'm so sorry to go and on but this is such a happy event and I know after crying about all the devastation of the tornadoes last night it was comforting for a couple of hours to see some brightness and happiness in the world.
Daughters-in-law are allowed to kiss the Queen with her permission, but not THIS daughter-in-law. There is no love lost between them. At her own wedding, Camilla reportedly was a little under the weather because she was nursing a royal hangover from her prodigious gin habit. And the nuns were from the Anglican Order the Sisters of the Church, one of whom I believe is a Chaplain at the Abbey.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:38 PM

I love the British way of doing weddings. Such decorum and glamour without the gaudiness.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 PM

There was such hoopla over making sure Diana was a virgin. But they reported on one of the shows today that Kate and William already live together.
It is unfortunate that Diana was literally hounded to death.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Raphael48
William, Harry and Charles use the last name of Wales. The rest of the Royal family are Windsors. Charles and his sons use Wales because Charles is the Prince of Wales.
I thought that their actual surname is Mountbatten-Windsor.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:05 PM

Just found out who it was in the straight up and down hat. It was Tara Palmer Tompkinson, whose family are friends of Prince Charles. She is a total nut case, always doing way out things. Only she would wear such a thing on her head.[/quote]
I think your remarks re Tara Palmer Tompkinson are a little unkind!! She is a very talented classical pianist. She has had problems with drugs in her time but is certainly not a 'nut case'!![/quote]

Excuse me - but I did NOT say anything unkind. Please check your threads.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:07 PM

Do you think HYACINTH BUCKET was there???? hahah
Old 04-29-2011, 02:08 PM

And you're correct. Mountbatten-Windsor is the personal name of Queen and her direct descendants. The official name of the family, however, is Windsor. Mountbatten is Prince Phillip's family name.