Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Wives and girlfriends can all relate >

Wives and girlfriends can all relate

Wives and girlfriends can all relate

Old 01-17-2022, 11:33 AM

That sounds like what I need to do for my husband.....
Old 01-17-2022, 12:12 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Sounds like an app that I would get. The only addition needed is aisle # and other directions.

Actually, if you live in the Southeast, a very large (hint) chain has a website that does just that. And it changes the locations to whichever store you choose.

Last edited by Krisb; 01-17-2022 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

My husband is a great shopper. He's more picky about his food than I am. As long as he's willing to go to the store for us, and I don't have to, I'm good with that!
Old 01-17-2022, 05:26 PM

I also never send my husband to the grocery store for me. He does go by himself sometimes but rarely. I’ve done picture “catalogues” for my Christmas list for years - learned my lesson o e year!!!!! I actually like grocery shopping, especially when we are in areas away from home. He does go with me (not sure why) when we are up in Gloversville, NY - I rarely go up as it’s a pretty boring town - except for a great quilt shop - my saving Grace!!! Most guys and grocery stores just don’t mix I. My world😄😄😄

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 01-17-2022, 10:07 PM

Yep, I have to do the same thing, i have to be very specific pictures and make sure the spelling is correct and the color of the package, by this time i want to just go myself.
Old 01-18-2022, 04:18 PM

This is so cute
Old 01-19-2022, 12:31 PM

I go online and order my groceries, etc and my husband and grandson pick them up at the door of the store, or I have them delivered to the house.
Old 01-20-2022, 06:57 AM

I got groceries for my sis in law who had been bedridden for weeks during a difficult pregnancy.

Her list was amazing. laid out in order of rows in the store.. Aisle 1 waist high 1/3 of teh way North, , Folgers coffee red bottle xx oz dark roast. all the way through the store. I loved it.

And she got exactly what she wanted.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:37 AM

My husband and I cannot shop together. We always wind up in an argument. If he goes grocery shopping and there is something that I want and it’s not something we routinely buy, then I take a picture of it with his phone. If I don’t have the item to take a pic of it, then I find it online and take pic of that with his phone. Works for us.

Last edited by lberna; 01-28-2022 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:56 PM

When I come home with groceries, DH comes running, takes the bags to the kitchen and unpacks them but leaves everything on the counter for me to deal with. Now after 56 years, I’m smart enough to know his motive - he’s madly curious to see what’s new to eat.