Word of warning

Old 10-06-2011, 07:51 AM

I injured my back when the back broke on my and the parts flew all over the office was out for three days when I came back everyone had a new chair
Old 10-06-2011, 07:59 AM

Yip --- they're dangerous -- you HAVE to be careful!! Glad you weren't hurt!

Reminds me of a woman I worked with waaaay back when hoop skirts were popular. She had 3 of the upper bosses in her office (in front of her, of course) and she sat down without looking. The chair slid back away from her and she sat directly on the floor --- and of course, the hoop skirt popped up and hid her face, but everything below the waist was open for viewing!!!! :-D Took her a few years to be able to laugh about it!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 AM

OOOH!
Roberta, hope you & the new hip are AOK! I have a terrible time with roller chairs & have slipped many times, also have a replaced hip, but its made of titanium, so it will survive its the rest of the bones that suffer! Maybe we should use seat belts for these type of chairs, what do you think?

Debs & Hemi
Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 AM

use seat belts? then the chair may be on top of you --they do tip no matter how careful you are. Been there done that.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 AM

You guys have me in stitches and my mascara is running. I too have done that a few times at work and I am still laughing at myself.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:43 AM

hahahah, I had a few close calls myself. We have determined now, that instead of rolling backward of sideways etc. We will just twirl around in the chair and then get up and go do what we're after and it works better. Just turn around in the chair in the direction you want to go and get up, it's safer.

In my sewing area, I have a table behind me and then the machine is it's cabinet in front of me, there is not much space, just a little is all I need really as I am sewing all the time, and Teddy is under the table. I just have enough space to turn and get what I need on the table behind me and I don't roll anywhere, I turn and get up.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:45 AM

I have had that happen to me before, not much cushion in the old tailbone any longer!
Michelle