Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Would like some imformation on a dress form

Would like some imformation on a dress form

Adjustable Acme Collapsible Dress form , made in Brooklyn N.Y. Is there any one out there that would have any info on the dress form made by acme. The one that we have has 16 pieces to the body part of it and than is on a stand with a metal adjustable skirt. Thank you for your help Scrappy Happy
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-26-2015 at 03:03 AM. Reason: remove copyright pic, should have used link

Blog Entries
    If you're a seamstress etc this would be wonderful to have. Adjust to your personal measurement and adjust your garments as you go along. For a price to sell it? guess it would depend on the market.
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

I'd say that would be very collectible! I have a very old form on heavyweought iron base--with casters like yours and maker's name on the legs...but the body is one piece (composition?. I would like to know value of mine. It was wonderful for altering prom and bridal dresses as it will raise for height. But I am retired from public sewing now.

Have you checked Google or eBay??
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort