Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Some Have a Chat With My Cat - Please!!

Okay, they are nocturnal in their hunting habits, I get that, but would someone please tell Buddy that jumping on the bed at 4:30 am with that lizard you were lucky enough to catch, that is still alive and kicking, is not acceptable!!!!

Even the dog is complaining since the last lizard crawled under her, while she was peacefully sleeping, to get away from the cat.

And I don't appreciate having to get up and take a squirming, obviously ticked off, lizard outside to somewhere safe.

And yes, this is a frequent occurrence. I guess I should be grateful it's only lizards???

At least Buddy brought you the "whole thing". Kola just leaves us innards and an occasional tail and bird feet.

ROFL!!!! He's just SO excited to show off his catch... "Mommy..Mommy!!! Look what I got!!!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    Okay, they are nocturnal in their hunting habits, I get that, but would someone please tell Buddy that jumping on the bed at 4:30 am with that lizard you were lucky enough to catch, that is still alive and kicking, is not acceptable!!!!

Even the dog is complaining since the last lizard crawled under her, while she was peacefully sleeping, to get away from the cat.

And I don't appreciate having to get up and take a squirming, obviously ticked off, lizard outside to somewhere safe.

And yes, this is a frequent occurrence. I guess I should be grateful it's only lizards???
    Maybe I should be really thankful we don't have lizards! I wouldn't like that!

Blog Entries
    But it was a present to you showing you how much you are loved.
    Still ick though, one reason my cats are indoor cats.

Blog Entries
    oh my, your cat was waking you up to tell you to get it out of the house, that wouldn't be good with a lizard in your bed sheets

Blog Entries
    :lol: You must have no fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    At least Buddy brought you the "whole thing". Kola just leaves us innards and an occasional tail and bird feet.
    I picked the last one up by the tail and was holding it up when I realized that at any moment it could just drop off, leaving me holding a tail only. Yikes!

Yeah, I've been treated to the partials remains of some critter or another too, but at least he's kept that stuff off the bed.

:shock: OMG!!! That's is not an acceptable way of waking up! :lol: Just remember he loves you and it must be very much!! :lol: I would have been in the hospital if a lizard was in my bed, no ifs ands or buts about it!!

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    :shock: OMG!!! That's is not an acceptable way of waking up! :lol: Just remember he loves you and it must be very much!! :lol: I would have been in the hospital if a lizard was in my bed, no ifs ands or buts about it!!
    Actually, it wakes my husband up, who then wakes me up and I take care of it. Since the cat is also a male, I suspect a macho thing going on here.

What Buddy Does Most of the Day
    Name:  Attachment-102832.jpe
Views: 25
Size:  49.7 KB

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)

OK BUDDY listen up!!!
    Purrr Purrr Meow Meow pfist pfist.....
    Purr......

Blog Entries
    LOL what a way to be woke up :lol::lol:

Blog Entries
    Love the picture!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Maybe you could try leaving your cat indoors for the night? That way, no surprises at night. You'll still get them, but during daylight hours! My cat is an indoor cat, as were the two I had before her. Just too many things out there, animal and human, that can harm a cat.

Dear Buddy,Your mom has asked for someone to speak to you about your nocturnal escapades. You must learn that you cannot get on the bed with something alive in your mouth.This action is not proper manners for such a big boy as yourself. I recommend that you find yourself a nice out of the way place to store your tokens of affection until everyone in the house has gotten up and had their coffee first. What did you say? Oh you will do that then? Well good boy. Here let me scratch your tummy. Good boy!!!!!!!!! Mine does this kind of thing also.LOL

Blog Entries
    Think of all the insects that lizards eat!

When my daughter's DH was stationed in Hawaii, since she's asthmatic, they were told to let the geckos run free in their house
    instead of spraying poisons. They got used to them, but it was a downer when one would drop on the dinner table with them to check out any possible insects in their salads.

Enjoy your Geckos, tell the cats they belong and go hunting mice instead.

Well -- if you find that "cat whisperer", send him/her my way!!! We've had chipmunks, mice, and birds brought in....it's NOT fun!

Blog Entries
    Agh, right now i can't read the posting, my cat is sitting in front of the screen!!! :shock:

We were having trouble with our cat doing the same thing. For a week, I wouldn't let her nap in the day time. Everytime she would lay down, I'd set her up on her feet. At night she was so tired, she slept all night and didn't roam.

Our cat use to bring my mother snakes!!!!!! You always had to look out BEFORE you went out the sliding glass door. I hate snakes and that is why mine stayed in. lol Reminds me of the commercial about the lady looking fro her cat @ nite and a racoon comes in the house instead of a cat. lol lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by KarenSimon
    We were having trouble with our cat doing the same thing. For a week, I wouldn't let her nap in the day time. Everytime she would lay down, I'd set her up on her feet. At night she was so tired, she slept all night and didn't roam.
    Are you for hire???? lol lol lol

Oh this is too funny!!! :lol:

Mine are all indoor cats so I don't have that problem. But I can imagine my reaction if one of mine bought me a lizard. It wouldn't be good.

Blog Entries
    What I want to know is who lets that cat in the house at night so he can put the lizards in your bed??? Or does he catch those inside your house???? EEEKKKKKK!!!!!

My cats said to tell him to cut it out...they don't want me to know that cats actually "hunt" anything. The only effort my lazy cats put forth is to stand by their bowls and beg..loudly..for me to provide for them...

Mine used to hunt during the day, but once brought a bleeding (dead) pidgeon, and the next time, half a young rabbit. Yuk! We had a little chat after that!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast