Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would you buy, even if not "perfect"? >

Would you buy, even if not "perfect"?

Would you buy, even if not "perfect"?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:08 AM

I would buy it but would appreciate the seller letting me know first about the problem. That said, why don't you add a vertical row of red, white and blue buttons on the right side? It might make the off-centered pocket look intentional...?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:20 AM

It is hard to notice on the picture, but just be careful. If you sell it at Etsy or Ebay you may get a picky customer that could ruin your reputation. If you still think you can sell it, reduce the price a bit and mention the imperfection, so they can't say they didn't know. It is barely noticeable, but there are some mean spirits out there.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:02 AM

I like this idea, or else a loop they could hook keys into. Mom and I made Elvis bags for Christmas presents and this year at Menards they had Elvis "stockings" that are about 5" tall shaped like a boot and pant leg. We're going to use them like coin purses to attach or, I suppose they could even be pockets too.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 AM

You can't really tell in the picture. If you can tell more in real life, you could always add a "charm" or something on one side to offset it....it was planned that way, wasn't it?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:12 AM

If you had not mentioned the problem I'm not sure if I would have noticed the pocket being a little off center. My eye naturally went to the colorful fabric first not the pocket. We do tend to be our own worse critics. If you are really concerned I'd mention it in the description and offer a little off on it.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:23 PM

I have bought things from people on this board that were not perfect, it wasn't noticeable in the pictures but I noticed it when I received it. I personally think it is the flaws in handmade items that make them so interesting and unique to the crafter. Some of the things I've bought were purchased as gifts and no one has ever complained! I used to point out my mistakes when someone was buying something from me but then realized that nobody really notices the mistakes unless you point them out to them. Some mistakes are glaring and ruin an item, it's true, but most just "fade" into the project.

At least....that's what I think.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
If I really liked it and the imperfections were not glaring - sure why not :lol: I don't think I have ever made anything perfect :roll: LOL
Ditto.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:00 PM

No, sorry, I would not. Once I bought an embroidered sweatshirt and did not realize until I wore it the first time that the design was not centered properly on the sweatshirt. I was very concious of it when I wore it the first time so I never wore it again. I think I dropped it at Goodwill. Now I am much more careful when I purchase handmade items at a craft fair/festival.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Could you add a small skinny pocket for a pen alongside it, making the front more symetrical?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Very good question. Is it possible for you to add a pocket beside it that you could put a pen into? That would take the focus off the big pocket being off center.
Here is a pic of the outside panel with the pocket...if I were to add a small pocket, I think it would extend further then I would want.....
With that busy pattern it's not that noticeable