Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wow, what a difference (ads vs. no ads)

Blog Entries
    Someone put this on the forum a while back and I added it-Great!! I hate those pop-ups.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning View Post
    There are many, many different web browsers available. IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari are the most popular.
    I know this thread is sort of old, but I recently had this discussion with my MIL, and I explained it to her in a way that immediately clicked for her:

You can get from your house to the store via jeep, van, VW bug, or moped - but whichever vehicle you use, you will end up at the store. IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari are simply the vehicles by which you get to the internet. Which one you choose is a matter of personal preference and ease of use.

well put, Peggi.

I've had it for a couple of years now thanks to someone on here that held my hand and talked me thru the installation. (computer dummy me) I'm still grateful to her even if I can't remember her name.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Just wanted to say thanks as well. I was whining to DH just the other night about how annoying IE had become. This thread reminded me to download Firefox today - along with the ad blocker. OMG! I'm in heaven! Thanks, again.

Blog Entries
    I agree. I installed this when I went to Mozilla Firefox a long time ago. Kept having way too many problems with IE. The adblocker is an added bonus here on the board. Anyone thinking about it, you CAN have IE AND Mozilla Firefox installed on your computer. There are some sites (my DH's employer payroll info.) that still require IE so it may be necessary to have both installed. I use the Firefox for my browser so everything opens in Firefox except that one site. When I need to check his payroll info, I close Firefox and open IE. The best part? NO ADS on this board!! This only started since I went to Firefox. I don't dig into the whyfores and howcomes. Don't care cuz the ads are gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2