Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The wrong car tag can get you pulled over. >

The wrong car tag can get you pulled over.

The wrong car tag can get you pulled over.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:42 PM

We purchase a new car on Aug 1. We traded our grandson's red mustang in and the dealership put his tag on the new car. While waiting to get the paper work to pay the taxes and get a new tag for the car, we got pulled over. My hubby was fumbling with trying to find the headlight switch and drove across a parking lot with out the lights on. He got them on as we stopped to pull onto the highway. A state trooper was directly across the street and pulled out onto the highway behind us. Several blocks later the blue lights came on! We pulled off the street, and the officer came up to the car. He asked for registration and insurance. DH told him we had just gotten the car and didn't have the papers in the car. Of course we had the bill of sale and insurance in the car! At any rate, we got that straightened out without a ticket. Two days later the papers arrives and the third day we went to the revenue office. I waited in the car as DH went in. He told the woman waiting on him that I had to have a different tag, as I didn't want to be stopped again by police officers mistaking me for our 18 year old grandson! They both got a laugh from that comment. I do have a new tag and I am sure that as soon as a police officer looked into the window of the car he would know that this white haired old granny was certainly not an 18 year old boy!
Just thought I would share the funny things that happen around here!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 PM

Lol
Old 09-01-2011, 12:44 PM

I am glad everyone had a good laugh at this (smile). It definitely gave me a chuckle.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 PM

:). :)
Old 09-01-2011, 01:28 PM

my son was pulled over by the cops today because my husband forgot to buy stickers for the son's car and his car so he had to rush out to the license bureau and get the stickers
Old 09-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Well now, it wasn't really the wrong tags were it? It was the lack of headlights. :-)
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Well now, it wasn't really the wrong tags were it? It was the lack of headlights. :-)
The headlights got the officer's attention. But when he ran the tags, they didn't match the car. Ergo, the tags got us pulled over. Officer stated that if the tags had matched the car, he would have let us go. The lights were turned on when we pulled onto the highway, and the lights on the parking lot are quite bright.
We have had a good laugh from it all!