Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Yes, Virginia, there is a Snow Fairy/Fairies!!!!!!! >

Yes, Virginia, there is a Snow Fairy/Fairies!!!!!!!

Yes, Virginia, there is a Snow Fairy/Fairies!!!!!!!

Old 01-02-2012, 04:30 PM

Refreshing!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:58 PM

My guess is that these 3 angels are from a local church that they attend......and yes,,,they are blessed as well as the homeowners that had their sidewalks cleaned !!!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 AM

parents to these young men should be very proud i know i am when my son does a good deed which is often he can be a little poop to me but out there in the big world of skeptics for todays youth as long as he respects i have done a good job
Old 01-03-2012, 05:09 AM

Thank you so much for sharing. It is so nice to hear about the good some of our younger folks are doing for others. As another poster posted, seems all we hear about is the bad. Personally I would rather hear about the good, and give credit to those that deserve it. Too bad you were not able to get their names, etc, so you could share this wonderful story with the newspapers.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:47 AM

Wonderful young men!!!! And how lucky you were to get to see the snow fairies!!
My BIL had a plumbing, heating, air conditioning business. Every year in the fall old ladies would start calling him to clean and light their furnaces. Most of them lived on a very limited budget. When they'd pull out their check books he'd say, "Oh, this is just a service I do, there's no charge." When his son started mowing lawns, he passed a list of his 'just a service ladies' to his son and said, "don't ever let these ladies pay, they can't afford it" now the grandson is mowing and shoveling snow. Many of the names have changed throughout the years but they still have a "just a service" list. Even though my BIL has retired he still cleans and lights the furnaces. Imagine my surprise when my great nephew showed up at our house a few years ago when dh was having some health issues and I found out that we were on the "just a service" list that year.
I think that there are good people everywhere we just don't hear about them enough.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:31 AM

awwwww that is a nice story.....around here my hubby is the snow fairy...lol as soon as there is snow he is out there cleaning up the neighbourhood....just realised how helpfull he is...lol
Old 01-03-2012, 02:37 PM

Great story. Wouldn't it be great it if made it on the 6pm news?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:40 PM

That is so awesome. Thank you for sharing your story...and I agree...why dont we hear more about good deeds done like this???

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
Miss Bess, my avatar, quilt tester, walking buddy and old dog let out with a whoop and a holler around 2:30 this morning! I got up, listened for the wind on the house; no that wasn't it! Looked out the front door and I saw them. I saw four snow fairies. Not in glistening gowns and wings - au contraire - they were in a white pickup truck. Now, that proves it right away - a white truck - and they were shaped like young men, blue jeans, jackets, hats and shovels, not wands like you would normally see.

I quietly opened the front door and peeked out and sure enough - from our home up to the corner it was all shoveled and I saw them, honest I did, I saw them shoveling the sidewalk on the corner house directly across the street. I watched them shovel down three houses leaving the sidewalk, steps going up to the homes and the carriage walk clean as a whistle. Then they flung their shovels over their shoulders, went back to their truck, laid the shovels in the bed of the truck, climbed in the truck and drove away.

The Snow Fairies must have been in their late teens/early 20's, strong of build and very quiet. Now, I don't know if they were working off a few too many New Year toasts before they went home or if this was something that was deliberately planned. "How many sidewalks can we shovel in one night." Maybe they didn't even have a New Year toast, maybe this was probably the greatest way a young person can start off the New Year.

Why don't we hear more about these young people! God Bless them and Happy New Year! Edie
Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 PM

OK, I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies. lol

Thanks for sharing such a heart warming story. This is a great way to start the New Year with positive thoughts.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 AM

Lovely story Edie. Thanks for sharing. Makes for a great start to the New Year.