Yippee I found it!!!

Old 06-21-2016, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

I have the blue one. Got one for my niece and my DGD. And I have a couple telescoping magnets.
Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
I bought one of these since I loose pins and needles too often!
https://www.google.com/search?q=Magn...+wand+for+pins
Old 06-21-2016, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
I bought one of these since I loose pins and needles too often!
https://www.google.com/search?q=Magn...+wand+for+pins
I bought one of those, didn't like it. So my husband took it, glued it to one of those long paint sticks from Home Depot. And now uses it to get metal shavings out from under his lathe and mill.

I prefer the extendable wand with the magnetic tip. I keep it near my sewing machine in case I drop pins while sewing. I have one of those hard plastic office mats under my chair so I can hear if pins drop.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:30 AM

I would be terrified that my dog would find it before I did.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

i need to get myself one of those thingys. at the quilt shows they sell them for $5.95 I know they have to be less at Harbor Freight.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:52 PM

The one I was using when the needle went flying was the "Bohin Super Automatic Needle Threader". It has a spot for small needles and another one for the larger needle. Luckily I do wear glasses, not that it went to my face, and my husband avoids my sewing room whenever possible because he hears me looking for pins and needles from time to time.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:51 PM
mac

In my house, my husband is the one that usually finds errand needles and pins. Don't know why. I'm usually the one going barefoot. Since I have rugs in my home, I usually don't know that I have dropped a needle or pin until it is too late.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:54 AM

So glad you found it.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:56 AM

I am always dropping pins on the floor even when I don't realize it. When we had carpeting in my sewing room it was my husband's foot that always managed to find them. I now have tile floor and they are much easier to find
Old 06-22-2016, 04:44 PM

I love my magnet wand from Harbor Freight, too. I love the Clover Dome threaded needle case. It holds 10 threaded needles. It's great for hand sewing. They have them on Amazon.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:08 AM

It seems that some of the replies pertain to the needle threader and some to the magnetic wand. This is for Geri B--mine is made by Clover and it's whole name is desk needle threader. I've never had a needle pop out and if the eye is not facing the right way nothing happens, it just doesn't thread the needle. If I drop a pin or needle, I don't worry too much about it the flashlight trick usually works for me. If I can't find the hiding article, I just wait for my DH to walk in and he always finds it (by stepping on it). Just kidding, I usually find it. I use glass headed pins, for some reason they are easier to find and I have carpet in my cave.
Sue