Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
YIPPEE! More money for fabric!!! >

YIPPEE! More money for fabric!!!

YIPPEE! More money for fabric!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 01:48 PM

I just love to buy fabric.....sometimes I just love owning it and hate to cut into some because it makes me happy to look at it. Is this a sickness or what???

Margie
Old 05-05-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Margie
I just love to buy fabric.....sometimes I just love owning it and hate to cut into some because it makes me happy to look at it. Is this a sickness or what???

Margie
Yes, it's a sickness.....a LOT of us have it, apparently. It's the one sickness I'm not sorry to have!!!!

:mrgreen:
Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 AM

Not to be a party pooper but have you considered putting that extra money towards the loan principal so you can pay off your mortgage sooner? I just refinanced and the money I'm saving is being automatically put towards the principal. That way, I'm hoping I won't have mortgage payment in my 70's!

Glad you have extra $$$. Hard to come by, these days.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Not to be a party pooper but have you considered putting that extra money towards the loan principal so you can pay off your mortgage sooner? I just refinanced and the money I'm saving is being automatically put towards the principal. That way, I'm hoping I won't have mortgage payment in my 70's!

Yes, we had thought of that. We have 20 yrs left, would save $2600. total in interest and 4 yrs on the contract. However, if I can get fabric, make quilts and sell them.......or use them as gifts for our 11 grandchildren and 5 children, I think we'd be ahead....:-D
Old 05-06-2010, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Yes, we had thought of that. We have 20 yrs left, would save $2600. total in interest and 4 yrs on the contract. However, if I can get fabric, make quilts and sell them.......or use them as gifts for our 11 grandchildren and 5 children, I think we'd be ahead....:-D
Glad you considered it. I forget exactly how many years I'll save on mine but the sooner the better is my philosophy! Can't wait to get rid of a mortgage payment and to own the house.

:thumbup:
Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 AM

Actually we already toss in extra $$ every year....usually any tax refunds or $$ from government. I also have a checking account that rounds up the $$ spent and pops the extra into savings....those $ at the end of the year go toward the mortgage. I, too, want to be rid of the mortgage payment!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Actually we already toss in extra $$ every year....usually any tax refunds or $$ from government. I also have a checking account that rounds up the $$ spent and pops the extra into savings....those $ at the end of the year go toward the mortgage. I, too, want to be rid of the mortgage payment!
As the kids say "Most excellent!"
Old 05-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth

My home is paid off. But thanks for the financial advice
Old 05-08-2010, 07:44 PM

Would be nice to have a home paid off. My late DH cancelled the mortgage insurance and his life insurance.......before he died (of course - can't do it after!!!!). Left me in quite a bind....I'm fortunate to HAVE a house!!!