Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • You're never alone when you have a cat >
  • You're never alone when you have a cat

• You're never alone when you have a cat

Old 02-08-2010, 01:08 PM

I can relate to QBeth...my cat likes to sleep on my pillow at night- sometimes he even lets me have a corner of it to sleep on. Funny thing, though...he wakes me up by patting my cheek when he wants attention...no claws, just kitty pats!
    Old 02-08-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by DianD
    I can relate to QBeth...my cat likes to sleep on my pillow at night- sometimes he even lets me have a corner of it to sleep on. Funny thing, though...he wakes me up by patting my cheek when he wants attention...no claws, just kitty pats!
    I know about those kitty pats -- that's why I keep their claws trimmed! They're careful but when the claws are long, they're hard to stow.

As for pillows, I didn't get much of mine until I gave Squeaky her own which, in this case, was an old flat one that kind of sits under mine. She squeaks in between my pillow and the head board. :-)

When I travel, I find it hard to get to sleep the first few nights.
    Old 02-08-2010, 02:07 PM

She sleeps with me too. At the beginning of the night she is at the foot of the bed. By the time morning comes, and before the alarm, she is laying on top of me and/or kneeding me with her paws.
    Old 02-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Every time I get in the reclinder and lean back, I have the dog at my side and the cat on my chest. Since cat is so big, makes it hard to watch tv some times. Have to scoot him down a bit. Don't know what has got in to the dog but every time the cat gets near me last few days she chases him away nipping at his butt.
    Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by gramqlts
    Every time I get in the reclinder and lean back, I have the dog at my side and the cat on my chest. Since cat is so big, makes it hard to watch tv some times. Have to scoot him down a bit. Don't know what has got in to the dog but every time the cat gets near me last few days she chases him away nipping at his butt.
    One word... JEALOUS!
    Old 02-08-2010, 03:37 PM

My dog sleeps with me, but stays on his own side of the bed, until morning then he starts to cuddle and almost pushes me out of my own bed.
    Old 02-08-2010, 08:17 PM

if she ever falls in ..... evidentally, having a kitty is about like having a child - - your "bathroom" time is never your own again! <wave> :lol:
    Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 PM

My silly little girl cat gets IN the shower with us!
    There's an area in the shower stall that she can stand in where she doesn't get wet. She gets a little mist on her, but she doesn't mind. She'll sit there until we are done. Silly cat!
    Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
    That's funny - the first thing I thought when I saw the picture was "I'd never think about taking a camera in the bathtub with me" so when I read your last sentence I had to laugh!

I had a cat that used to do something similar - especially when I had a bubble bath. After she fell in the tub, however, she no longer had any interest in catching my toes in the water.
    Too funny. First thing I thought of was good thing the reflection in the faucet or handles didn't show more. lol

I have to turn the garden tub faucet on for Mr. Tubbs every morning. He needs his cold running water you know. He also loves to sleep in the tub hence the name.
    Got out of my shower the other morning pranced around doing hair, lotion, etc. bent over picked up the bath mat and threw over edge of tub. Guess who was watching me the whole time? Geesh, peeping cats.
    Colonel sleeps in the crook of my back (I'm a side sleeper). He is also the one I play fetch with late at night when doing my homework. Yep, never alone.
    Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 AM

Oh Pam,
    That is the most darling picture, of your cat on the bath tub!! :D What on earth would we do without them? They make our lives so fun & interesting. One never knows what they will do next!!
    :D :D :D :D