Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Brand new from Utah! >

Brand new from Utah!

Brand new from Utah!

Old 06-15-2020, 07:19 AM

Default Brand new from Utah!

Hi, everyone! I posted once about my treadle machine yesterday, but was made aware of this subforum so I figured I'd post here, too. I'm Maggi, 33, and live in Utah, but I'm originally from New York (City). I've been sewing (mostly self-taught -- my mother is a talented seamstress but I didn't learn until after I'd moved away) for over 10 years, and quilting off an on for almost as long. My sewing room is my happy place, and a needle and thread are comfort objects, to me. I've got 3 kids I love to sew for, and a very patient husband who enables my addiction.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 06-15-2020, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.👋
Old 06-15-2020, 08:12 AM

Welcome from a fellow Utahn.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Mississippi, Maggi!
Old 06-15-2020, 08:18 AM

Welcome from Southern California. Sewing was therapy when my kids were little. My husband would send me back to the store for more fabric, saying an artist needs her palette. You'll find a helpful, knowledgeable and kind group here.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:29 AM

Nice to meet you Maggi, I've been to Utah but never as far north east as New York. Currently here in the Seattle area, I'll wave from a safe personal space distance.

Some day I shall have a treadle, I'm getting closer to that but need to get rid of some stuff in the house first. I already have a couple of electric machines in cabinets and a few more than that...

My working at making my workspace a happier space, but it still feels good enough to go in there and do some work. And yay for husbands who support us in our endeavors. Mine is a dear and rarely mentions that I have an entire room for my hobby and yet somehow the living room and common areas become covered with a drift of yet more yardage... he seemed to consider that I deliberately spread it out so I could get in more steps per day was as reasonable as I felt it was.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:35 AM

A warm welcome from Southern Indiana!
Old 06-15-2020, 01:46 PM

Tell your husband I know how he feels.

Welcome, from another newbie!
Old 06-15-2020, 03:46 PM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! I am afraid you will find a lot of enablers here because we all lover our happy places in our sewing spaces and with needles and threads and lots and lots of fabrics! I consider myself very lucky that my DH lets me indulge in my passion He is always excited to see a finished quilt come from my studio. Right now I have one with all the pieces laying on the living room floor waiting for me to piece it all together. This will be over the next week to be done. Then it will be time to rest the sewing for a couple weeks while I work outside a bit. I am so excited about every quilt that comes out as I am sure you are. I look forward to seeing some of your quilts and having you here. Welcome aboard!
Old 06-15-2020, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to the QB and happy quilting