Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brother SE400 Free Motion Quilting

Blog Entries
    first you have to lower the feed dogs. my machine does the rest I set it to #4 also. I find you have to have your thread horizontal I use a thread holder on the back of my machine. I would use the finest thread to start with. I would recommend using silk #100 use this also in the bobbin you will be amazed.

Hello from Adrian, MI and welcome

Hi Dora, Welcome to the QB from North Carolina . Glad you could join us.
    Beckie
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

I know this post is old but just Incase it helps others, I just did free motion quilting on my brother 400se. I lowered my feed dog, removed the foot exposing just the needle, did straight stitch and minimized my stitch length to .2 which is as low as you can go and it worked fine. Key thing also is to use your auto sew at either medium or fast. Going slow you tend to hesitate with your motion, unable to create a flowing motion.

Blog Entries
    I started quilting using the darning foot. That's the circular foot.. Walking foot goes in straight lines Yes? Darning foot moves where your hands guide it.. I can only handle baby quilt with my machine doesn't take large. More practice is for me..

Welcome from OHIO! I don't have a Brother machine, but I would suggest you watch some videos on youtube about FMQ. There are several very helpful ones there.
    Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2