Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Candy Apple Quilts -- new from Ohio >

Candy Apple Quilts -- new from Ohio

Candy Apple Quilts -- new from Ohio

Old 02-06-2011, 07:48 AM

Thank you and welcome from Arizona
Old 02-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Hi! Welcome from WV. I am originally from Muskingum County, Ohio!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:01 AM

Welcome from Clanton, Alabama.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:17 AM

Thanks, Robin, and welcome!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Welcome
Old 02-06-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by trisha
Originally Posted by Candy Apple Quilts
Hi everyone! My name is Robin Hrabik, and I am the owner of Candy Apple Quilts, just west of Cleveland, Ohio. I've been fascinated with the addition of computers to sewing and quilting machines, and I just LOVE what we can do these days! I have a Gammill longarm machine with the Statler computer, a Brother 6-needle embroidery machine, and I digitize machine embroidery designs for my web site. Seems like I everything I do these days is related to the computer in one way or another!If anyone needs any computer questions answered, I'll be happy to jump right in! :-D
Are you strictly and online store or do you have a storefront? I am from Huron and would be interested in seeing it.
Wow! So far I have seen Sandusky, Huron, and Brook Park! Howdy neighbors! :D

I don't have a formal store front rent being so high in this area. I have the dining room set up as a small "store", with discounted notions and batting, and that's where people come to pick up their finished quilts. By laying their quilts out on the table, they can inspect every inch before they leave.

The magic happens downstairs, because the basement was the only place large enough to hold the Gammill, the embroidery machine, my 100-inch square table, shelves with fabric for my customers, three computers, and more. That's where everyone goes to pick designs for their new quilt tops (I have thousands!), and take lessons about how to avoid wavy borders and other issues.

There's always a pot of hot coffee (or tea!), and lots of laughter. My phone number is on my web site, and I always schedule appointments for folks --- having multiple people trying to choose designs at the same time can be really crazy! But I do have people overlapping each other when they are coming to pick up their finished quilts, because everybody likes to do "show and tell"!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:33 AM

Welcome from Montana! My DD goes to college at KSU so I was in your area last fall. I will probably be there again this fall - might stop in for a "cuppa" and to check out your "store"!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Marlys
Welcome from Montana! My DD goes to college at KSU so I was in your area last fall. I will probably be there again this fall - might stop in for a "cuppa" and to check out your "store"!!!
Oh, what's his major? My daughter is at KSU now, studying psychology. I'd love to meet you, and spend some time learning about Montana!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:03 AM

Welcome..........lots of Buckeyes around here!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Candy Apple Quilts
Originally Posted by Marlys
Oh, what's his major? My daughter is at KSU now, studying psychology. I'd love to meet you, and spend some time learning about Montana!
She is a Freshman majoring in Communications & minoring in Theatre. It would be fun to meet! She will fly home this spring, but I will probably drive her back out there next fall. She loves it out there except for all the rain - we are not used to that!