Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Central Texas says hi ya'll >

Central Texas says hi ya'll

Central Texas says hi ya'll

Old 01-19-2007, 01:30 PM

I am fairly new to quilting and this is my first time ever to log on a forum like this. I started quilting about two years ago with a block of the month class and was hooked. I have painted and sold ceramic (and other craft) items for years, so I love color and what better place to use color!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, like many of you, I can't seem to find as much time as I like to quilt. I tend to get discouraged because one time everything is working out great, and then when I finally find more time, it looks like someone else did the piecing. The size is off, the block is crooked,etc. Makes it hard to keep up my spirit and enthusiasm for a project. I just can't seem to be consistent in my sewing. Sorry to go on so long. Have I just broken a rule about manners on a forum like this? Everyone else's messages seem much shorter. Don't know how often I will make it on here so I hope no one gets insulted if I don't answer right away. Thanks for listening. Mary Ann
Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 PM

Welcome Mary Ann! I am from WI.have been quilting for a year......LOVE IT, too!! You can ramble all you want, I think it just happens! :lol: And who knows, it may be one of us next! Have fun with your quilting, if you need a ?? answered, this is the FUN place to be!! Nancy
Old 10-27-2007, 05:53 PM

:evil: :evil: The devil is in the details. I have been quilting now for about 1-2 years and still consider myself a beginner. At least that's how I feel. I still have problems with matching up seams. Somehow the pieces never come out the same size. I try very hard to make sure I'm cutting the right size, but apparently I'm doing something wrong. Wish someone could help me solve my problems. However, I am still plugging along because I love quilting and I know that some day I will be getting better results, so keep going and you will soon be doing this :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-27-2007, 06:19 PM

Welcome. Feel free to talk as much as you want. We are all here to help and sometimes one just needs to vent. We are all family here so we understand your troubles. I too have trouble with getting my pieces to match up. One thing that has really helped me as been a quilters 1/4 foot. It has a guide on it and it makes it really easy to make sure you are getting your seam allowance right. If the seam allowance is off even just a hair it will all add up when you piece it. Just keep trying and it will get easier. Feel free to post pics. We all love to see the talent of others.
Welcome from Missouri

Barb