Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: East Central Illinois

East Central Illinois

Hi,

I'm trying to get back into a hobby I enjoyed before my children were born...quilting! About 17 or 18 years ago I purchased a used Elna 9000 Computer sewing machine. It came with a lot of accessories! I've made one throw size quilt and at least one paper pieced wall hanging. It has made A Lot of home decor items like placemats, valances and even a tote bag or two.

I am interested in connecting with anyone that has an Elna 9000. I have some questions about the different stitches available. My main question is, can I create a serpentine stitch on this machine? The quilt that I made all those years ago, has a serpentine stitch on it and now I'm wondering if I used a sewing machine at the shop that taught the quilting class. I have looked at all the manuals and tried many different ways to mirror the one curved stitch that could produce the serpentine stitch without luck.

Can anyone out there answer my question?
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-05-2019 at 06:24 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Welcome from Michigan!

Blog Entries
    Welcome back from Illinois.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Welcome from Oklahoma. Glad to have you here. I'm sure someone here will be able to answer your machine question.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Welcome to the board. Can't help with the question, but I did find a pinterest site that had Elna 9000 Serpentine Stitch as the google search. I've never signed up for pinterest and so I get greyed out, it might be worth looking at.

Welcome from Texas. I'm sure you will find help from someone on this board concerning your Elna & the serpentine stitch. I have a Janome Magnolia 7330 & it doesn't have that wonderful stitch on it. I wish it did.

Hi and welcome from North Carolina! I can't answer your question, but I'm sure you'll get lots of answers in a few minutes. This is a very friendly and knowledgeable group.