Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Glad to be joining such a great group! >

Glad to be joining such a great group!

Glad to be joining such a great group!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 AM

Hi All. I've been checking in on this board for many months and don't know why it took me so long to "join in". I have benefited so much from all the advice and have been inspired many times from the photos of the beautiful quilts that are being produced by the members here. I've been quilting or I should say doing patchwork for about 2 years now. I've been intimidated by the actual quilting process but finally took a couple of machine quilting classes at the end of last year that have given me more confidence to jump in and give it a try. I've machine quilted a couple of placemats and table toppers and a bed for my cat (she didn't seem to care what it looked like), and I'm now anxious to get started on some actual quilts. I also have been working on hand quilting a quilt for my husband (for more months that I care to admit) :shock: but it's coming along. I look forward to joining in on the conversations now that I'm officially a member. Oh and did I say "I LOVE FABRIC". :) When I first started dabbling in quilting I swore I'd never buy more fabric than I actually needed for the project I was working on. HA!!! That went out the window really fast, especially after visiting a couple of quilt shops. Now, my stash isn't as big as some, but it sure makes me feel good when I go through it and admire, plan, and dream. Thanks for having me, it's good to be aboard! Cheri
Old 01-17-2008, 09:56 AM

A big welcome from Central Illinios! I'm so glad you decided to join in! You'll find the most wonderful folks here! All so eager to help and inspire each other!! Come join in on the chats when you get a chance, we always have such a ball.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:12 AM

Glad to Have you!!! This is a GREAT group of people!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
bj

I started out with the same plan, only I always end up with a little more than I need...and it looked so lonely, I had to buy friends to keep it company...then I discovered fat quarters...threw the plan out and just go a little nuts every now and then. I still haven't started buying fabric by the bolt, but friends assure me that is also in my future! Glad to have you with us!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:13 AM

Weocome! Glad you could join in. We'd love to see some pictures, if you want to share.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:42 PM

Welcome Cheri....glad you decided to join us........it doesn't matter how much fabric you've got in your stash....it will never be enough!! :lol:

Karen
Old 01-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

Welcome. On the stash of fabric, it is good to gather when you can so that when ispiration hits you are ready to go. Or it might be your inspiration for many great creations.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:20 PM

Welcome Sheri, It is good to have a stash,espeically when you hit a bump in the road and can't justify spending any money.
You will become addicted to this site.you will check this post before your e-mail, trust me.
Donna
Old 01-17-2008, 02:55 PM

I joined a couple of days ago - same way you did--looking and enjoying everything on the site for a year or so, then joined and so glad I did!! Welcome.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Welcome! Glad you decided to jump in!

M