Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Greetings from Maryland! >

Greetings from Maryland!

Greetings from Maryland!

Old 03-25-2008, 03:22 AM

HI, The Lancaster Quilt SHow in Pa. is being held this week. I beleive it starts on Thursday thru Sunday. Are you going? Also there is a show coming in July in Hershey Pa. and one in Sept at Harrisburg Pa. And Welcome to this board. You will like it here. So much information. Marge
Old 03-25-2008, 03:41 AM

I'm in Montgomery County-- wow-- I'm happy there are other Crabs around here!!! :)
Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 AM

Yeah, I saw that it's this week. I'll be there. I don't know what day I'm going up ...

I'll be stopping at all my favorite haunts there too.

So, Montgomery County! I get a chance to come into Rockville, but I must say, I dread the traffic. I usually come in down through Damascus into Gaithersburg area just to avoid the beltway, but usually come to a screeching (literally) halt on Rt. 270.

(sighs.)

Maryland's roads are just inadequate for all the population here. They're building some huge bypass system from the Baltimore Beltway heading down toward the Harbor. It's going to be a toll road. I don't know if it's going to bypass Baltimore and Washington, but anything has to help.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:09 PM

Hi,

I am from Carroll County, MD was raised in Lansdowne in Baltimore County. I now live just below the PA line north of Manchester. I have a sister-in-law who is a quilter who belongs to the Friendship Star Guild. My mother was a member of that guild before her death.
One of the guilds I belong to holds a retreat at the West River Methodist Youth Camp each fall. This will be my 6th year attending. I have been going since 2001 but had to miss the year I had a frozen shoulder.
Last year we found a wonderful quilt shop not far from Calvert Cliffs on #2. Of course we had to do a little shopping.

This forum sounds like a lot of fun.

mpspeedy
Old 05-12-2008, 11:10 AM

I just had to tell you. I have a daughter that we named Cordelia and you are the first one I've seen otherwise. I just wanted to say hello to my daughters namesake!

:) -Suzanne
Old 05-12-2008, 12:41 PM

Hello. I'm from southern PA just above the MD line (Cumberland/LaVale). I was actually in Lancaster the weekend of the quilt show but my weekend was booked with Sight and Sound shows. I did manage to hit a couple fabric stores though. I would love to go to the Hershey show and the Harrisburg show. I found some info on each one. Here are the links:

http://www.quiltodyssey.com/

http://www.quiltfest.com/activities.asp?id=4
Old 05-12-2008, 04:20 PM

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! :)