Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Greetings from Michigan >

Greetings from Michigan

Greetings from Michigan

Old 12-07-2006, 11:49 AM

Hi all;
I'm Jayne; and i have been quilting for about 17 years. Not as much lately as i would like; but soon when retired will hopefully have more time.
I live in a small town called Lapeer which is in the thumb.
Not much else to tell; I teach water aerobics in my spare time; have two teenagers at home,a husband that drives me crazy at times; two cats and a cockateil;
Looking forward to talking with all of you.
Hugs
Jayne
Old 12-07-2006, 02:18 PM

sure do know where Lapeer is-from down Lansing way-but discovered that only by choice in the high country - but down here in the valley we don't shovel snow-nearly every day is sunny even on brisk cool days.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Boo

Jayne, I'm also in Michigan, but in Lansing. We have a scheduled chat on Sundays from 3-5pm come and meet some of us. We had a great time last Sunday. Will look for you there. :D
Old 12-08-2006, 09:12 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. Can't say its warm here. Down right frigid today.
I will try to get on the chat room on sunday; but this time of year is very busy.
If i'm not there don't worry i will find you soon.
Hugs
Jayne in Mi
Old 01-24-2007, 04:36 PM

HI JAYNE, I'M ALSO FROM MICHIGAN, IN WARREN...YES IT IS COLD HERE, (BRR) :thumbdown: JUST THE KIND OF WEATHER TO STAY IN AND WORK ON QUILTING... CAN'T WAIT TILL SPRING THOUGH..LOL..SUZANNE
Old 01-24-2007, 05:04 PM

Hi Suzanne; It certainly is cold here. I just came back from a week long visit to florida and the weather was high 70's and low 80's; there was no snow when i left; guess what i came home to. Trying to catch up on my quilting; that and work. where in michigan are you?
Hugs
Jayne
Old 01-24-2007, 05:07 PM

Sorry Suzanne--I missed where you had posted you are in Warren. I use to live down there. Truthfully i don't miss the fast pace of the city. Too many traffic lights. Where abouts down there are you? I use to live behind the police station on Terrace Court. Thats off Lorraine. My brother in law still lives down there. And i have to make a trip down next month to pick up some furniture at my mother in laws old house.
Thanks
Jayne
Old 01-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Boo

Guess where the Boo graduated high school. Warren High! No kidding. Was married to the ex-Mr.Boo At St.Louis Church right behind the Mall. Guess what the Boo's legal name is? Give up? Suzanne. Maybe we are twins or something. LOL No one calls me Suzanne anymore, just Boo.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:14 PM

I like that. And i know right where Warren high is. Its getting to be a very small world.
Thats alright no one calls me by my legal name. And no i won't put it here.
Jayne is just fine. My Mr. Jayne went to school there too; but not at Warren High. Although i dated a guy that went there and graduated from there. Mine went to Ascension. Then Notre Dame. Swear i married a priest sometimes.
Thanks for the update Boo. I really like that nick name.
Jayne
Old 01-25-2007, 08:54 PM

:thumbup:Hello all you ladies from Michigan. I am a newcomer to a chat room and quilting although I reached the "senior" status some years ago. I love this program and have found a lot of interesting letters and have read all the comments. Some are very amusing. I am still looking for some good local shops for fabrics and other good things that pertain to quilting so any assistance would be appreciated. I live in the Macomb Township area, but most of the quilting shops I have found seem to be quite a drive.