Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Greetings from Ohio >

Greetings from Ohio

Greetings from Ohio

Old 08-26-2017, 03:26 AM

Default Greetings from Ohio

I'm new to quilting. I took a class nearly 20 years ago and enjoyed it. I finished one quilt and started a second. The unfinished quilt is lost somewhere in the basement. In the meantime, I've enjoyed art welding, pottery, painting, and drawing classes. Loved them all. Luckily, I can get lots of pleasure from the creative process without being particularly good at it. I took a basic sewing class at Jo-Ann's this past winter, followed it with a quilted table runner class, then a beginning quilting class. By April I had talked myself into a new sewing machine during a 50% sale. Signed up for another couple of classes and here I am.

The new sewing machine has greatly enhanced the experience. I had been using my Mom's old Singer. Ive looked for opportunities to make and give away my novice creations. The friend of my daughter with a new baby boy has been the recipient of a hooded fleece blanket with matching fleece hat and scarf, two quilted baby bibs (one with the cutest Halloween fabric), and a crib quilt. The friend of my sister with a new grandson on the way will receive two quilted baby bibs and a hooded fleece blanket. Beth is a serious Quilter, so I had to have assurances she would be forgiving of my newbie skills. And I recently saw the thread from Annaquilts looking for people to make baby quilts for preemies at her local hospital. I committed to making baby quilts for her local NICU as a way to continue practice and learning.

I'm going to seriously have a problem with with the growing stash of fabric in my upstairs attic room. I seem to buy every cute fabric I stumble across.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:02 AM

Waving hello from Maryland! Don't worry about a stash, start panicking when the scraps are multiplying like rabbits!!
Old 08-26-2017, 04:17 AM

Welcome from NY!!
Old 08-26-2017, 04:26 AM

So glad I found this forum, am really enjoying reading about quilters and seeing pictures of gorgeous quilts, I really admire the talent and skill! My Name is Nancy and I am originally from Maine but my husband served 24 years in the U.S. Navy so that meant moves all over the country and overseas..only mention this because having lived so many places I have been so lucky to meet lots of different people with lots of different skills..was not able to ever really learn many of them because I was raising a special needs child and this took a lot of time, not complaining, she is so precious but now that we have retired from Navy and settled down I spend a lot of time learning things I missed before....quilting is my favorite but I do crochet and knit ( make items for charities )...so anyway, this forum is great for learning about other quilters, reading about new ideas and I love pictures! wishing you all blessings and I'll be checking in often!
Old 08-26-2017, 04:29 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to both of you from Columbus! I spent a couple of years in Cleveland.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:52 AM

welcome from se TX
Old 08-26-2017, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
Old 08-26-2017, 05:15 AM

Welcome from OHIO!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Oklahoma. Glad to have you here.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.