Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
H Fellow Quilters-New from TX Hill Country >

H Fellow Quilters-New from TX Hill Country

H Fellow Quilters-New from TX Hill Country

Old 03-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Keeps Them In Stitches
Welcome from Washington State. I would love to see pictures of your work.
Thanks so much - love your 'signature'. I still haven't unpacked everything since moving here, so have to find my 'quilt album'. All the pics of my quilts were before I had a computer, & haven't gotten the pics put on mine yet. (Still learning how to use it too) :lol:

Have a blessed day filled w/happy stitches.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:04 AM

Welcome from another Hill Country follower of the Quilting Board.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Owllady
Welcome from another Hill Country follower of the Quilting Board.
Oh my - thanks for the welcome. Good morning 'neighbor' - I live in Liberty Hill - how are the bluebonnets looking over in your area today? May not be as good as some years, we SURE need/needed more rain this last year.

Have a blessed day
Old 03-24-2011, 08:45 AM

Hello and welcome from Austin. Wherever you are in the hill country I am not far away. I frequent Frederickburg on the weekends and even have a tee-shirt quilt class there this Saturday at LQS. Happy quilting. I am waiting patiently for the hummingbirds to show up and more bluebonnets to pop out, but being so dry this year we may have less than spectacular of a showing.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vschieve
Hello and welcome from Austin. Wherever you are in the hill country I am not far away. I frequent Frederickburg on the weekends and even have a tee-shirt quilt class there this Saturday at LQS. Happy quilting. I am waiting patiently for the hummingbirds to show up and more bluebonnets to pop out, but being so dry this year we may have less than spectacular of a showing.
GOOD MORNING NEIGHBOR - I'm in Liberty Hill - my 'welcomes' are getting closer all the time - had another this A.M. from Lake Buchanan area.

I lived in Fdbg. prior to moving in '90 to the SW Austin area. While in Fdbg. I was active in the Kerrville quilt guild (pres. for a couple of years) At that time Fdbg. didn't have a quild, but think they do now.

Just recently a couple of my grandkids got my quilt frame put up for me, so anxious to get started on a top I hadn't been able to finish.

Thanks again for the welcome - this looks like a GREAT site w/ a lot of good hints & ideas. Boy - things have REALLY changed since I was active in it. Years ago never even heard of 'long arm quilting'. Are you a 'hand' quilter or machine? (Still not my cup of tea, but guess at 77, I'm too set in my 'ole' ways) :lol:

Have a blessed day & happy quilting.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Great-great granny
Originally Posted by vschieve
GOOD MORNING NEIGHBOR - I'm in Liberty Hill - my 'welcomes' are getting closer all the time - had another this A.M. from Lake Buchanan area.

I lived in Fdbg. prior to moving in '90 to the SW Austin area. While in Fdbg. I was active in the Kerrville quilt guild (pres. for a couple of years) At that time Fdbg. didn't have a quild, but think they do now.

Just recently a couple of my grandkids got my quilt frame put up for me, so anxious to get started on a top I hadn't been able to finish.

Thanks again for the welcome - this looks like a GREAT site w/ a lot of good hints & ideas. Boy - things have REALLY changed since I was active in it. Years ago never even heard of 'long arm quilting'. Are you a 'hand' quilter or machine? (Still not my cup of tea, but guess at 77, I'm too set in my 'ole' ways) :lol:

Have a blessed day & happy quilting.
There is indeed a guild in FBG. Here is the link to their website:
http://www.vereinsquiltguild.com/
I live in south Austin.
This will be my 3rd class at Pockeyful of Poseys in FBG. The first two classes were taught by a lady from Kerrville, formerly from CO, named Myrna Flannery. Last year in May we did a quilter's tote bag. She taught us how to do the embellishing and here are some pics of mine. The bag is Pocketful of Rulers and it holds various ruler sizes in the pockets inside and in the front. I can also slip my 18x24 cutting mat inside.

Inside peek of top portion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174322[/ATTACH]

close up of outside pockets (3)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174324[/ATTACH]

Front of bag full view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174326[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-174316.jpe   attachment-174318.jpe   attachment-174320.jpe  
Old 03-24-2011, 10:06 AM

Have a daughter in Cedar Park. We try to get there once or twice a year. Love that part of your state.

Welcome from NC.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 PM

Welcome!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 PM

Bluebonnets are not too good this year due to lack of rain here. I have a few up and some along the roads, but not not too exciting. Usually we are on the bluebonnet trail.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Welcome from another fellow Texan. I am in North Texas just north of Dallas but lived in Texas all of my life. You will love this board. So full of information & encouragement for everyone. I am a great grandmother of 2 & in my 70's also. Looking forward to seeing your quilts!