Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Happy to meet you >

Happy to meet you

Happy to meet you

Old 01-11-2021, 07:21 AM

Lightbulb Happy to meet you

I came to quilting ten years ago after seeing a show of Paula Nadelstern quilts at the AFAM, but still
consider myself a beginner because I have so much more to learn. I'm recently retired from teaching and can now devote more time to my creative endeavors. Although I still make quilts designed for friends, I'm currently exploring new techniques to find my voice as an art quilter. I hope to enter shows and find a place in the quilting community.
Wishing everyone a healthy, happy, peaceful 2021. Michele
Old 01-11-2021, 08:34 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan!! You are in the right place to get answers to questions, Share endeavors and show your creations. Even more you can find answers to showing your quilts and so much more.
I love art quilts but have no skills when it comes to making one. I have seen so many beautiful and breath taking art quilts here I can't even begin to relay the beauty of some of them not to mention the skills it takes to make one. I look forward to seeing a lot of you here. Again welcome to the QB.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:49 AM

Hi and welcome from sunny Southern California. I make art quilts, too, and also am a retired teacher. When I was working, often I'd wake up in the middle of the night so I could sew. The most helpful way for me to learn was by taking classes, and I had some wonderful teachers. I flew all over the country to take classes from the best, and now we just have to watch YouTube. Aside from Covid, in many ways life has gotten easier.

Joining a guild that has an art group would be very helpful, too. Once you meet in person you'll find an opportunity to make friends, get new ideas and help.

Let us know how you're progressing. When I retired I needed a year and a half to organize my house, clean closets, drawers, etc. When you're working, you can't afford the time. Now every day is like the weekend!
Old 01-11-2021, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.👋
Old 01-11-2021, 09:39 AM

a warm welcome from KY.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:10 AM

Glad to have you join us! I also am a beginner (about 3 years) and learn so much from the fabulous folks here.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:04 AM

Hi, So nice to hear from you. The picture attached to your profile is beautiful and one of my favorite types of quilts. It certainly shows your mastery of the required skills. I would love to attach an image but I'm struggling a bit with the tech aspects of the board.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:15 AM

Now I am not real good at remembering myself how to do it but Go to User CP on the left hand side directly above where you started posting here. Click on User CP and go down to setting and where it says Avatar (or change Avatar) click there and follow the instructions as you go. There is one area where it says change or add file (I am doing this with my very short memory) that you might have to enlarge the screen to find the upload option. Once you click on this you have done it and can see your avatar in the little box.
Now if I did this wrong will some one jump in and help her along.

Thanks for the compliment on my quilt.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:40 AM

Success! I tried the same process earlier with a different photo but it didn't work. ironically, I got the same error message this time but it worked anyway! Thank you Julia! Michele
Old 01-11-2021, 12:08 PM

I've spent many summer days at the beaches and cottages in Ontario, Canada and consider it to be my second country!