Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from another Newbie >

Hello from another Newbie

Hello from another Newbie

Old 08-31-2007, 07:21 PM

Just wanted to say a quick "howdy" to everyone. I'm new all around, here and to quilting. My first quilt was for my grandaughter's nursery a year ago. It was simply quilted, not pieced. I made a matching crib dust ruffle, curtians, and bumper pad. I've been reading the news letter religiously looking for tips and pointers. I've come across some wonderful scources of info here, thanks!! My next attempt is a memorial quilt for my grand-nephew. My brother, his grandfather, was taken in an auto accident this past January. I couldn't part with his blue jeans even the tattered ones, and I have part of his collection of Harley Davidson shirts that I want to incorporate into a quilt for his little grandson who just turned two. Anyway, now that I've caught myself rambling on...thanks again for all the great info and inspiration!! and a big HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY from Central Illinois.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:58 PM

Strawberry
A BIG WELCOME. Now that your feet are wet. Since you been an avid reader, I'm sure you know what a great site this is, and all the valuable and friendly advice. There are some very special and precious people here. Visit often, and stay awhile,
Old 08-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Power Poster

Welcome, I am also new to this and have found lots of help here. You will not find a more supportive group! Ask questions, and please post pictures of your quilts! :) You are very special to make the little guy such a wonderful quilt, I am sure it will be one of his most prized possessions :D
Old 09-01-2007, 07:05 AM

Glad to have you here, sounds like you caught the virus the rest of us have had for awhile! Enjoy cause we just love quilting! Welcome!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:09 AM

Welcome! This is a most helpful group of ppl with an answer for ANYTHING--quilting related or not!
I'm sure there will be lots of helpful ideas for your denim and Harley quilt. Are you thinking of putting the Harley shirts and the denim together somehow?
Good luck!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:56 AM

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh jbsstrawberry, can't wait to see pic. of that one when you are done. and welcome
Old 09-01-2007, 11:37 AM

Welcome! Sounds like you have some wonderful quilts ahead...can't wait to see them. Love the little "Geisha Girls" they are too cute! And...a Hi Howdy do to you too! :lol:
Old 09-01-2007, 01:15 PM

Welcome.. I am also new to here and the information is great.. Sorry about your loss and I think the memorial quilt is an excellent idea..
Old 09-02-2007, 10:15 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes!!! I'm planning on putting just one Harley shirt for the center of the quilt...but I'm still in the design stage. I've already found some great ideas here, including printing my brother's pic using my pc printer on one of the squares. The little geisha girls are my two youngest Jasmine 6, and Alicia 4 in a 8 days. This is their Halloween pic from October '06. They were last minute costumes I did a couple days before Halloween night. Here's what they look like from the back...the bow is my favorite part of the costumes.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54285.jpe  
Old 09-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful girls, beautiful costumes :D