Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hello from Australia

Hi from the state of Victoria in Australia. I am new to this site and have another question about walking feet! (sorry! :) I have an Elna 2003 machine and have just purchased a generic walking foot for it. Apparently the machine is discontinued and I was unable to find a foot specific for my machine. Now the foot has arrived, without any installation instructions or advice on how to use it and I am stumped! I just cannot see how it attaches - please someone help! I have my quilt finished and am ready to have a practice and try my first machine quilting. (To date have hand quilted but that takes forever!)

Banned
    greetings from the other side, i'm in NY.

it should attach with a screw it to the pressure bar like other feet and it should have kind of a "fork" which needs to go over the screw on the needle bar (the one you loosen to change your needle)

Blog Entries
    Hello and Welcome :D :D :D

Scroll down to the detailed answer :wink:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t378765...h_walking_foot

Hmmm, it has no screw, but above the bit that looks like a pressure foot is a white plastic u shaped piece that is stationary and to the right side of that is another black u shaped piece that is on a longer metal bar and it is movable, raising and lowering a plastic piece that is shaped like the pressure foot and is sitting above it.

thank you, I have just checked out the site you recommended and printed off the instructions, I think this will do the trick, again thank you, :D

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Welcome from Ninnie in NC

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome from Massachusetts.

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. Please show us pictures when you're through with your quilting.

Hi and welcome from the NE area of the US.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    welcome from the other side of Australia (perth)

Blog Entries
    G'day, and welcome to the board from Ireland. I hope you have your walking foot problem sorted now.

Banned
    Welcome From WA :D

Quote Originally Posted by fabricfenatic
    Hmmm, it has no screw, but above the bit that looks like a pressure foot is a white plastic u shaped piece that is stationary and to the right side of that is another black u shaped piece that is on a longer metal bar and it is movable, raising and lowering a plastic piece that is shaped like the pressure foot and is sitting above it.
    Hi and welcome from NY near Vermont. The black U shaped piece is the part that goes on to the screw that holds your needle in. However, not being familiar with your machine I'm not sure how the darn thing attaches to the shaft that normally holds your presser foot. How is your normal presser foot attached to your machine? Is there a thumbscrew or some other screw that holds it on? I suspect that you will need to use that same screw to attach your walking foot to the shaft that holds the foot itself. Putting the black U shaped piece on the needle screw as you position the walking foot on the presser foot shaft. Hope this helps. You will know you have it on right when as you sew the plastic piece that looks like the presser foot raises and lowers with the needle making the presser foot "walk" along your quilt sandwich. as you sew.

FF

Welcome from VA.

Hi

I am also form victoria. I live in croydon and have been quilting for approx 6 years. Cheers Jackie

You're not too far from me at all Jackie, at least in the scope of this quilting group. I am in Colac and have been quilting about the same time as you. to date I have been hand quilting and am trying to work on machine quilting now, not having a lot of luck todate! :) I did find a lady in Melbourne who does the most fabulous work, she is expensive to use but worth every penny. I will post you her details if you ever need them. She recently finished a quilt for me based on a tile floor design and it has turned out beautifully. I will try to attach a photo. Cheers, Carole
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow -- beautiful quilt!!! And Welcome from Indiana in the USA!