Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55

Thread: Hello from central Iowa

  1. #1
    ankqual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8
    Hello My name is Ankqua but I go by Ann
    I am a Mother of 4 and a Grandmother of 9. I'm learning to Quilt on my own because I can't find any one in my area to teach me and there are noi classes close to me. I have my own Quilters bed and machine just not sure how to use it very well. I have made several Quilts for family and friends but they are very basic and I tied them because I was afraid to Quilt them . I have a lot of Questions and I'm hopeing this site will be just what I need to help me learn so Hi to all and I look foward to all the help and information I can get.

  2. #2
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,663
    Blog Entries
    194
    Welcome waving from Indiana, USA

    anytime you have a ? just post it and others will have the answers for you

    Have fun!

  3. #3
    Cheriefaye2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Palm Coast Florida
    Posts
    142
    Welcome to the Board! It is a great place to learn and share. People here are so very helpful and there is always someone on here willing to answer your questions and offer advice and encouragement. Have fun!!

  4. #4
    Magdalena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    1,873
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome from California! I am kind of in the same boat as you are, but this Quilting Board is wonderful and you will get so much encouragement and ideas.

  5. #5
    Senior Member pstoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Solon, Iowa
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by ankqual
    Hello My name is Ankqua but I go by Ann
    I am a Mother of 4 and a Grandmother of 9. I'm learning to Quilt on my own because I can't find any one in my area to teach me and there are noi classes close to me. I have my own Quilters bed and machine just not sure how to use it very well. I have made several Quilts for family and friends but they are very basic and I tied them because I was afraid to Quilt them . I have a lot of Questions and I'm hopeing this site will be just what I need to help me learn so Hi to all and I look foward to all the help and information I can get.
    Hi and welcome from another Iowan

  6. #6
    Power Poster ann clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Navan. Co. Meath. Ireland
    Posts
    15,104
    Welcome from Ireland

  7. #7
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    Welcome!

  8. #8
    Super Member donnajean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Holland, PA
    Posts
    4,321
    Welcome from southeastern PA!

  9. #9
    Super Member dakotamaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South central Nebraska, US
    Posts
    5,582
    Where in Central Iowa? I'm from the Des MOines are, west. Welcome to the board, you will have lots of fun here!

  10. #10
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,957
    Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you here.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10
    Anqual: Find a good book on the web to lead you through it.
    I have lots of classes but choose to learn on my own. Just try it and practice. Blessings. I'm actually from southwestern Iowa.
    Iowan

  12. #12
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,450
    Blog Entries
    20
    Welcome from Idaho!

  13. #13
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,155
    Welcome from Kentucky!!

  14. #14
    Super Member sewmuchmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,997
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome from Georgia

  15. #15
    Super Member Lakeview Quilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,345
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome from Oklahoma!

  16. #16
    Super Member oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    9,683
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hello and welcome from an Iowa girl! Always glad to see another Cyclone (or Hawkeye) here!

  17. #17
    Super Member oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    9,683
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowan
    Anqual: Find a good book on the web to lead you through it.
    I have lots of classes but choose to learn on my own. Just try it and practice. Blessings. I'm actually from southwestern Iowa.
    Iowan
    And a hello and welcome from an Iowa girl to you, too!

  18. #18
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

  19. #19
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    Hello and welcome from Ontario. You will find lots of answers with the search button, but if you can't find what you are looking for, just ask.

  20. #20
    Super Member Melinda in Tulsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,493
    Blog Entries
    62
    Welcome from Oklahoma! :lol:

  21. #21
    carolejw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    80
    Welcome to this great group - I am kind of a newbie and I just love all the ideas and warmness I get from reading the postings. Only problem is I spend way to much time on the site - but Oh! Well! may as well enjoy life you only go around once.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10
    FROM LOUISE: Check out our hometown website at www.Manningia.com the place of a Hausbaun moved from Germany piece by piece. Site called Hausbaun Heritage Park. I think you all will enjoy check it out. In case you don't know it is a building where the families and their animals lived. I have more inside pictures. Let me know. Have a great day.

  23. #23
    MyrtleWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    94
    Hello from Ohio

  24. #24
    crawford1219's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    766
    Hello and a warm welcome from Elizabethtown, KY!

  25. #25
    Super Member Edie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,618
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by carolejw
    Welcome to this great group - I am kind of a newbie and I just love all the ideas and warmness I get from reading the postings. Only problem is I spend way to much time on the site - but Oh! Well! may as well enjoy life you only go around once.
    Welcome from another St. Paulite!!!!!!!! You will do just fine. I learned on my own and have been quilting for about 11 years now. #1 husband just bought me a quilting frame from JoAnn's. I am having a hoot. Now I just have to learn how to hand quilt on a frame instead of a hoop. GO VIKES - GO TWINS!!!!!! GO HAWKEYES! Edie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.