Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hello from Colorado

Red face Hello from Colorado

Hi am new to quilting. I have loved creating and for many years I have expressed myself in scrapbooking, stamping and card making. For many years I have been debating about quilting. My sewing machine was a Singer Athena 2000 that use to belong to my husband's grandmother. I have used it for some very basic sewing projects but became frustrated with it in a middle of a project.
    When I decided to take the plunge into quilting my darling husband took me to a local sewing machine store and bought me a Baby Lock Jubilant. I am still learning how to use this new machine very different from the over 40 year old machine but I am loving it.

There is a small quilting store across from my husband's office and I went in and just had them help me pick out my first project. So I am currently working on my very first top.

Welcome from NJ and congrats on your new project! I had just to chuckle when you mentioned that your Singer Athena had belonged to your husband's grandmother. I remember when a (same age as myself) friend bought that machine brand new and it was the cat's meow at the time!

Have fun and enjoy the process.

welcome to the board from New Hampshire.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-03-2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome from Oregon!
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Welcome aboard! I've used a vintage machine older than I am (I was born 1960) for most of my last 30 years of quilting but about a year ago a friend of mine gave me her (replaced) modern Bernina. Quite a difference! This is the first time in 20 years that I've had both a sewing machine and a car from the current century! Have to admit, I don't like it when machines fuss back at me... so I guess I have to learn to do things the way they want and not necessarily how I've been doing it for all this time.
    Quilters: Advanced tool using humans.

Power Poster
    Welcome - -

Welcome from Texas. I'm so glad you are here & are starting to quilt. We need more quilters in this world. Please learn to take pictures on this board & show us what you are making. You do have to reduce the picture size in order for it to download here.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Southern Indiana! Enjoy the board and your quilting...and let us enjoy it too....with pictures!
    Life happens...and we react...

Welcome from northern Colorado. Lots of help here if you need it Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board from NE Ohio.

Welcome from North Carolina. Quilting can be a real adventure ... as well as addictive. Ha.

first phase

Thank you for the warm welcome. Here is my fabric and pattern. Name:  quilta.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  784.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan. I am so glad you are jumping right in. I love your color palate for this quilt. I look forward to seeing your progress. Please continue to share this with us. If you have any questions feel free to ask. This is a very helpful group of people.

Welcome from a fellow Coloradan. I’m in the southeastern mountain area. I am excited because I’m heading to Colorado Springs today to pick up a new sewing machine. Guilds are a wonderful source for help and education if there are any in your area.

Power Poster
    Welcome from Michigan!

Quote Originally Posted by twhvlr View Post
    Welcome from a fellow Coloradan. I’m in the southeastern mountain area. I am excited because I’m heading to Colorado Springs today to pick up a new sewing machine. Guilds are a wonderful source for help and education if there are any in your area.
    I live south of Colorado Springs near Fountain. Thank you for the welcome.

if you want to expose yourself to even more fun, check out the world of Vintage Sewing machines. Jany and John (Our Workbench) hold get togethers every month in Denver as show and tells. Lots of knowledge there. Even if you aren't into older machines you can meet great folks. You can folllow notes from a good chunk of time here.. https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...r-t270703.html
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-06-2019 at 08:32 AM. Reason: make link active
    My greatest fear is all of my family standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" he was.

Welcome from Alberta, Canada. Can't wait to see pics of your progress.

Congratulations! The joy of quilting is having the opportunity to include a community in the process. Getting help and feedback is a large part of that. Hope you are enjoying the process. DS