Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello I'm a newbie >

Hello I'm a newbie

Hello I'm a newbie

Old 09-08-2007, 07:40 AM

My name is Linda and I am from Tenn. I love to make quilt tops...not into hand quilting tho. I also do Machine Embroidery and crafts of all kinds...
right now I'm not working outside the home. We have started over with
a grandson we have custody of he is going on 3 yrs old. I love the site and all the tips and pics.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:14 AM

Welcome to our wonderful family. You are just going to love it here. Everyone is just so helpful and friendly. I think it is a wonderful thing that you are doing to help raise your grandson. I sure that you have your hands full with him. I'm not into the hand quilting thing either. So far I have just made the quilt tops and had them quilted by someone else. Please feel free to post some pics of your quilts or crafts. We all love pictures.
Welcome

Barb
Old 09-08-2007, 08:54 AM

WElcome, Linda. I'm also into a lot of different kinds of crafts. My faves are anything with fabric and cake/cookies! LOL! :D
Old 09-08-2007, 09:05 AM
lin

Hi Linda and welcome to our family. :) Quilting is my passion, but I do love to knit as well, and when I get tired of quilting (did I just say that in my out-loud voice?? LOL) I pick up my needles and do a small project.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:56 AM

Linda, Welcome....so many grandparents are raising their grandchildren now adays. I'm sure you are inspired to make KID QUILTS..they are so much fun to do!! Share with us.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Hi Linda, glad to hear from you and your love of quilting. Kudos to you for raising your grandson, I know it can't be easy but isn't it a joy to see his little face every day? Fell free to post questions, chat, and please show us pictures.... we love to see what each other are working on :D
Old 09-08-2007, 04:22 PM

Hello Linda and welcome. Is not a small thing to take on a wee one when your a little bit older yourself, so good on you and keep your chin up. Take a look round, check out the block of the month we got going here or maybe post some pics, everyone here loves to ohh ans ahh over others work. Everybody here is very friendly and I'm sure you'll find this a good place to be :P