Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Minnesota >

Hello from Minnesota

Hello from Minnesota

Old 04-21-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
If you listen very carefully at the next chickadee you hear, it will say E-dee, E-dee. The chickadee is also called an Edie bird (thought up by my aunt a billion years ago. The chickadee is my favorite bird - my name is Edie. Welcome from another Viking!!!!! I decided one day to make a quilt. And it has been in my blood ever since. I just made a humungous error on a quilt I am making for the Komen Breast Cancer THree Day Walk here in St. Paul in August. So I am ripping and re-sewing. I guess maybe that is why I enjoy it, cuz I can correct it and make it look good. Besides I am waiting for a roofer to get here to give us an estimate on a new roof (ice damage this year). Raining here right now, but should be better tomorrow, besides we do need the rain, eh? Edie
Thank you for the warm welcomes...
As you can tell Chickadees are my fav also!! its something how such a tiny little bird can stop me in my tracks ..and just to watch them :)
I would love to get one of the new DMV Chickadee license plates!

Yes we do need more rain!! Hope it's not going to be a dry summer.

Right now I am working on a patriotic wall hanging that I am quilting,its a slow process, I hope I can do it.

:thumbup:
Old 04-21-2010, 04:39 PM

I am about 10 miles west of St. Cloud, about 80 milrd rom the Twin Cities. anyone else in this part of the state KAP
Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mnchickadee
If you listen very carefully at the next chickadee you hear, it will say E-dee, E-dee. The chickadee is also called an Edie bird (thought up by my aunt a billion years ago. The chickadee is my favorite bird - my name is Edie. Welcome from another Viking!!!!! I decided one day to make a quilt. And it has been in my blood ever since. I just made a humungous error on a quilt I am making for the Komen Breast Cancer THree Day Walk here in St. Paul in August. So I am ripping and re-sewing. I guess maybe that is why I enjoy it, cuz I can correct it and make it look good. Besides I am waiting for a roofer to get here to give us an estimate on a new roof (ice damage this year). Raining here right now, but should be better tomorrow, besides we do need the rain, eh? Edie
Thank you for the warm welcomes...
As you can tell Chickadees are my fav also!! its something how such a tiny little bird can stop me in my tracks ..and just to watch them :)
I would love to get one of the new DMV Chickadee license plates!

Yes we do need more rain!! Hope it's not going to be a dry summer.

Right now I am working on a patriotic wall hanging that I am quilting,its a slow process, I hope I can do it.

:thumbup:
We got our estimate and we took it. It iis fantastic shingling that looks like wood shakes - got a super deal. 30 year warranty - 10 year warranty on labor. Can't beat that with a stick, eh?

I would like a chickadee, but they increase the price of thelicense and it is not a one time, but every year. Hey, I pay enough to make Minnesota the best state in the Union, but I am not going to be double-dipped for a license with a bird on it! Right? Right! I'll find a chickadee sticker and put it on the license.

Good weather to get the yard taken care of. With a dog - female yet, we have brown spots all over the yard and every year I go out in the yard, scratch the brown spots out, reseed it and top it with top soil. Water twice a day and in two weeks we have grass coming up. I also am working on my quilt. Have two more blocks to make - I am getting there - have two quilts to get done ASAP so I can sit back and enjoy the summer. Have a nice weekend. Edie
Old 04-21-2010, 05:53 PM

KP Quilts,
I live on the south end of St. Cloud, so actually quite close to you.
Will you be able to meet up with us at the MN Quilt Show on June 19 at the St. Cloud Civic Center?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:36 AM

How come everyone in Minnesota lives in St. Cloud or by St. Cloud? How come no one lives in St. Paul 'ceptin' me? I don't do freeways and would love to go to a quilt show here in St. Paul, but I guess not! Edie
Old 04-22-2010, 03:51 AM

How come everyone in Minnesota lives in St. Cloud or by St. Cloud? How come no one lives in St. Paul 'ceptin' me? I don't do freeways and would love to go to a quilt show here in St. Paul, but I guess not! Edie
Perhaps you could ride with someone else from the 'board' and come to St. Cloud for the MN Quilt Show in June? Maybe those of you that live close to St. Paul could PM Edie and let her know.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:06 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Wisconsin!