Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hello From Missouri

Hello From Missouri

Hello everyone,
    I'm not new to this board but I've been gone for about a year and a half. I beat stage 3 breast cancer (yea!!!) and now I'm in the process of trying to get through all the healing and surgeries so I can put this scourge behind me! Lol.

Now to the good stuff. I am addicted to quilts and I love hand quilting, needle turn applique, machine quilting and all kinds of sewing. I belong to three quilt guilds and I can't wait to get back to them as soon as possible. I do have my priority's right though. I'm putting off a surgery so I can go on a quilt retreat in February with my good buddy!!! Lol. You can't keep a good woman down or me. LOLOLOLOL.

I'm currently working on a Grandma's Garden I designed and I got the Happy Flower Quilt book for Christmas so of course I've started the Happy Flower Sampler. I love doing the needle turned applique blocks in my chair and just today I got my sewing machine dusted off so I can try to start stitching the blocks I have cut out tomorrow. Woot Woot!!

StashBuster709
    Sarah

Power Poster
    ​Welcome back and congratulations on beating the the big C!

Welcome to the board,Sarah! So glad that is all behind you. Now you get to have fun and you've come to a good place!

Welcome back from Michigan!

Welcome and good for you, so happy to hear you are a survivor -- something like that changes a person so on with the good stuff! I am always impressed with handwork because I don't do it. Most I do is finishing my bindings and it takes forever.

Show us pictures

Here's a big welcome back from Texas! So glad to hear the success story of you beating cancer & glad you are able to start doing what you love....sewing & quilting!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Stashbuster - from the middle of Missouri - Lebanon here! I am a 20 year breast cancer survivor!
    Nikki in MO

Don't forget to oil it after you dust off your machine.. Welcome to the fun. Congrats on your success. And Hello form the West. Just a bit, Topeka.
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal

Hi from North Carolina. --- Wonderful news! So glad to hear you are back and in good health!!

Welcome back! Glad to hear of your health success too!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Welcome back. I found this forum myself in November and hopped on board. Congrats on beating cancer. I can relate to your priorities........ My good friend and quilting buddy, and travel buddy in 2017 was diagnosed with lung cancer. Her surgery to remove 1/3 of her lung was 7/5 of that year, we had long planned (prior to her diagnosis) a 5 day trip to a quilt show for the end of that same month. Her first words to her surgeon that night when he rounded on her was, now get me well enough so I can go to my quilt show. We did go, we did enjoy the show, but we a!so did a lot of R&R so her body could heal itself. She too beat her cancer. Again congratulations, glad your back.
    To many quilts, not enough wine.

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900QCP, Special Edition
    Vingtage Dressmaker 7000 Heavy Duty

Welcome from Oklahoma. Glad you are better.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back to the board from N.E. Ohio. Congratulations on winning the battle, cheering on as you heal and regain your strength.