Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from NE Alabama >

Hello from NE Alabama

Hello from NE Alabama

Old 03-28-2009, 12:41 PM

Been watching your quilting board for a few months. I live in NE Alabama and wanted to intro myself. The Wal-Mart quest interested me, so I e-mailed, got an overnight reply & after dancing around the subject of closing fabric depts they stated in some areas they don't feel it's needed. They are replacling FD's with new crafts and life celebrations (another phrase for b'days/holidays). Don't know what that will entail, but I'm thinking maybe something like a mini-Hobby Lobby or other more popular crafts. I e-mailed the lady who is over Operation Quiet Comfort about quilting for wounded/injured soldiers from a link posted this week. I'm an ex-Army wife & Civil Service worker myself. We were stationed in Germany, Missouri, San Francisco (Letterman, now closed), San Antonio where major US Army Medical Centers are located. Now live in rural area & operate Small Sewing Business from my home. Living alone can be lonely; however, if I stay busy I don't think about it so much. My son & his family live close by, so have them to check on me. Have worked 3 weeks on my 17 yo granddau's Prom dress, another young ladies dress for Prom & Miss C'ville Padgeant, & have 2 more to do before April Proms. I'll be checking in to read the board & will make comments at times. Thanks to everyone for encouraging each other. Sheila Elaine
Old 03-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Hi and Welcome ! Glad you found us , it is a wonderful place to be :lol: We love to see pictures, any pics at all :wink:
Sharon
Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 PM

Welcome from Southern California.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you with us.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:22 PM

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. We love pictures.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:52 PM

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana!! You're gonna like it here!
Old 03-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Welcome from the Florida keys! You are in a pretty area of the country. I always liked driving through there on Hwy 72 when I lived in NC and visit my Mom in Huntsville. I would have to stop in South Pittsburg, Tennessee at the Lodge outlet and then in Scottsboro, AL at the Unclaimed Baggage Store. That one giant yard sale. :lol:
Old 03-28-2009, 03:40 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and intro's. Sold another Univ of Alabama Scrub Hat on e-Bay, so that's four total. My grandkids cut them & I sew. Right now I'm doing just Ala & Auburn (some of you know where both of those are located). Have any of you ever sold items on e-Bay? I have the doctor style, bouffant, and bonnet style. My son has to do my the uploading & listing for me. I have a digital camera, but not comfortable with putting items online yet. I promise I'll get him to show me how so I can post some of my creations. I never know what folks will bring to my door for me to sew/alter/design with embroidery for gifts/monogramming, etc. I have disabilities (nothing terribly disfiguring), so I'm not the world's speediest seamstress; however, I won't give up because there are many folks much less fortunate than myself. Call me the turtle, but I will finish the reace. Gotta get busy!
Sheila Elaine
Old 03-28-2009, 03:42 PM

Lived in Huntsville 10 yrs & know where you're talking about. It's gorgeous up in the Mountains. I live close to Boaz now on Sand Mt.
Thanks again.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:07 PM

Boaz has the outlet mall. Can you see a theme here. :D I haven't been there yet. One of I visit I will make it there.