Hello from NY

Old 12-12-2006, 03:43 PM

I'm fairly new to quilting have done some simple ones in the past year ready to branch out to harder ones. I have 8 grandchildern and take care of 84 yr old Dad. I'm on disability now with time to devote to my new endever. I just got my self a sturdy lite frame and have been playing with it. I love how it works. I've been reading some messages and decided to give it a try. I hope that as I get used to this I;ll be able to contribute too.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:56 PM

welcome, i'm nancy from wi.........i have kids in maine! am out your way 2x a year...LOVE IT! i have been quilting 1 year also. have found some friends on here...e-mail back and forth. glad to meet you....we can chat! Nancy
Old 12-12-2006, 04:26 PM

hi nanner, Love to chat anytime. I was just checking out the main forum seeing it was my first time here. I picked up alot of good tips
ceannastahr
Old 03-20-2007, 08:35 AM

Hi, I'm new to the site. I was looking to see where everyone is from. I'm not that far away. Only down in Belfast. I've been quilting for a while. I work full time. Daughter in college and son in high school. Husband is involved with the fire dept plus the farm. We raise sheep. The cows were sold 7 years ago. My sewing seems to go in bits and spurts. I have two tops I'm working on now. Just wanted to say Hello.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:46 AM

Helo Countrymaid, Not your not very far at all. I live just a few miles from Letchworth State park in Mt. Morris. Nice to finaly have someone near by.

Your going to love this site everyone is very freindly, helpful and they love to tease.

make sure you check out the main forum and the picture page. We just started a block of the month. Never to late to join it you keep you own blocks and you can post pic if you want and only do the ones you want no real rules here , except one HAVE FUN
you can pm me or email me at [email protected] anytime you want to chat

Hope you enjoy the site Connie
Old 03-21-2007, 05:24 AM

Well so where is Mt
Mt Morris NY ? I am in Queensbury, 50 miles north of Albany , 5 miles south of Lake George
Anyway a big welcome to all
Old 03-21-2007, 05:37 AM

Mt. Morris is about 30 south of Rochester The park I livew near is called the Grand Canyon of the east it a beauitful park with 3 large waterfall. miles and miles of trails 3 Cabin areas for campimg and a larger camp ground.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:41 AM

I kwon you area well Ruth I was born in Troy and have family all around that area. Some on the Albany side of the Catskills and a few towards Middleburg and up in Quaker Springs and Saratoga.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:18 AM

My mom was born and grew up in Saratoga Springs. My brother has a place on the lake down near Malta.