Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Hello from Petoskey MI

Welcome from North Carolina!

Welcome from another Michigander

Welcome from Southern Ontario, Canada. Just across the border from Detroit, Mich.
    Went through Petoskey many times on my way to Oscoda, Mich. to go Salmon fishing. Love, Love Love Michigan in the fall.

Hello and welcome from Nevada. I love using my scraps.

Welcome from San Gabriel, California

Hi Shirley and welcome from Alaska. I used to live in Melbourne, FL many many moons ago.

I love Petoskey. I visited there in July, 2009, and fell in love with it. What a beautiful little city. Welcome from Cleveland, OK, (near Tulsa), where we have had a blizzard all day.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Northville Michigan. Sorry I'm not close but have vacationed in Petoskey.

Welcome from Michigan/Florida. Petoskey is a beautiful town!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from SC. My DH and I are from Cheboygan,about 40 miles. from Petoskey. He was born there and I have a brother there [that is a Asst. Manager of a lumber Yard[I think UBC] His name is Marty. Also have my mom living there. So we know it pretty well. Just beautiful in the summer. A lot of the streets are even blocked off for the winter when the folks go South. You will love it there. Again Welcome!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmom
    Welcome to the board. I was in Petoskey twice last weekend! Went to Home Depot for paint and they goofed so had to return. We have a vacation home in Cheboygan that we're trying to get painted before summer since we didn't get it finished last summer. I noticed a Joanns in ths same shopping center(Bear Creek, I think) and across the street i thought i saw a quilt store. We used to camp in Charlevoix and always made a stop in Petoskey to go to the Book Stop. You'll love that city-lots of culture.
    Hi, We grew up in Cheboygan. I grew up out on Huron Shore Road[us 23] and my hubby lived on Cedar STreet.We lived on that street again about 6 yrs ago before his dad passed and we moved to SC. Where is your Summer home? I miss the summers there but NOT the winters!
    I have many Petoskey Stones and about 6 pieces of jewelry made from them. So pretty. Take care.

We are out in Cordwood Point. House is on cordwood Trail on the water. We really love it up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by marlene tarzwell
    Welcome to the board. I was in Petoskey twice last weekend! Went to Home Depot for paint and they goofed so had to return. We have a vacation home in Cheboygan that we're trying to get painted before summer since we didn't get it finished last summer. I noticed a Joanns in ths same shopping center(Bear Creek, I think) and across the street i thought i saw a quilt store. We used to camp in Charlevoix and always made a stop in Petoskey to go to the Book Stop. You'll love that city-lots of culture.
    Hi, We grew up in Cheboygan. I grew up out on Huron Shore Road[us 23] and my hubby lived on Cedar STreet.We lived on that street again about 6 yrs ago before his dad passed and we moved to SC. Where is your Summer home? I miss the summers there but NOT the winters!
    I have many Petoskey Stones and about 6 pieces of jewelry made from them. So pretty. Take care.

Blog Entries
    We are out in Cordwood Point. House is on cordwood Trail on the water. We really love it up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by marlene tarzwell
    Hi. I have another brother that I think still has 2 lots at Cordwood. Beautiful there. When you drive out 23, right after you pass Butler Rd. on the right is an old gas station[bought hundreds of pcs, of candy there], then there is an old house[on RT] if not torn down. After that there is an empty lot with a old building set back[dads workshop][someone put a cross on it. Well our house was in the space and the person after us was smoking and burned it down. My dad had remodeled it inside and it was beautiful. Haven't been by there in about 6 yrs. When DH's dad died.there were 21 kids[4 families] from Butler rd. to the rd. that goes to the Bay.[across from the church] We had many ball games growing up.[I have 5 brothers and the house by the church had 1 girl and 6 boys, and the brick house across from us had 3 boys and 4 girls, and a house in the middle had 2 boys and 1 girl. So we had a great team. we would even get my mom to pitch BB some times in the field next to our house.[houses there now.]I married and left in 1974. We have some great memories. Sorry to bore you. Enjoy your summer!!

Hi welcome from straight across the state on the east coast of Lake Huron. You are about 1 hour and 15 min from me not to bad in nice weather!!

QKO
    Welcome, from western Nevada!

Hi and welcome from Michigan

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Virginia

Blog Entries
    welcome Shirley...i'm 11 miles north of you!

Welcome from Burton, Michigan

Welcome from SC. Sending sunshine.

Power Poster
    Hello and welcome from Boston, Ma

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3