Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hello from So.Cal

Hello from So.Cal

Hello fellow quilters!

I've been a quilter for several decades but I'm always looking to learn new techniques and ideas. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you. Just browsing this board, I am excited to see all the wonderful talent here.

My latest venture is searching for a longarm. I've been researching and trying out machines for the last few years and I'm ready to take the plunge! I have decided on an Innova. I will be going to check out a used one tomorrow. I believe the price is a bit high but the owner says it's negotiable. If there is anyone on here who knows a general amount of what an Innova depreciates yearly, I would greatly appreciate any help.

Di

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Power Poster
    Welcome from Michigan!

Welcome from Orange County CA!
    Jane

Can't help you with the depreciation question, but welcome to the board and the world of long arm quilting. I've been able to use a friend's long arm set up for the last couple of years but now that it isn't so available to me, I've become spoiled!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the QB! You will fit right in with all the quilters here from around the world. There are a large number of long arm quilters here and a lot of us who wish to be long arm quilters -. Experiences and newbies alike fit right in and someone should be able to help you out on the depreciation question that you have. Again welcome aboard!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Indiana! No help here with depreciation...sorry. You'll love the board though.....
    Life happens...and we react...

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Hi, Di! Welcome from the Right Coast. (I'm in Maryland.) Wish I could help answer your first question here, but no clue. Most people suggest checking eBay for sold prices (not listed) to get an estimate of going rate. Bottom line is, what's it worth to you? I'd probably start at 3/4 of a retail sale price, and go down from there, depending on age of machine.

Welcome from Arizona
    bjsmith57

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the long arm suggestions. I will post a question on the main board with more details. Wishing everyone a lovely day!