Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Southern Indiana!!!

Hey everybody my name is Missy! I'm new to forums and somewhat new to quilting I've only made a few quilts nothing major for sure. Hoping to learn many new things and get inspired to do some more detailed works. Tell me about you?

Hi there Missy!! Welcome from West Virginia. Retired Navy, youngest son in Army. Own a quilt shop, (hobby gone wild). Great stuff on the board.

:) ...............hello!

Quote Originally Posted by momcpo
    Hi there Missy!! Welcome from West Virginia. Retired Navy, youngest son in Army. Own a quilt shop, (hobby gone wild). Great stuff on the board.
    Thank your son for serving for our freedom thats not something to be taken lightly.

Hello from central IL. I've been quilting since around 2001 and bought a longarm last year. LOVE it! You'll love this place, too!

Welcome from Ireland

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Virginia

Blog Entries
    Hello, and welcome from Idaho!

welcome!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from central Florida! This is my first forum too and I haven't bothered to look for anything else. Such a depth of knowledge here!!

Welcome from New York. This is a great forum with many good ideas and super friendly people. Happy quilting!!

Blessings!

Welcome from southeast Texas. I've been in other groups before, but never anything like this Forum. It's so interesting! I never tire of finding something to read; have to pace myself, though. I would spend all my time here and never sew, clean, etc. lol

Hello from another New Yorker, first quilt I did on a treadle (1982)Still have it, last quilt done on Janome 8000 and quilted on my Gammill longarm Love quilting, and new passion hanging out here!!!

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome from Japan!!!

Blog Entries
    Hello, Welcome fro Porter Okla.

Blog Entries
    Hello Missy and welcome from Nevada!

Hi Southern Indiana!! I am in central Indiana. My name is Tracy. It is Sistergoldenhair on here. I just joined myself. I am looking for ideas for a story telling quilt. I need insperation and an idea! lol :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sistergoldenhair
    Hi Southern Indiana!! I am in central Indiana. My name is Tracy. It is Sistergoldenhair on here. I just joined myself. I am looking for ideas for a story telling quilt. I need insperation and an idea! lol :)
    Oh cool im in Clarksville Indiana just across the river from Louisville. What kind of story are you wanting to tell? Child, storybook, or something else?

Thanks everyone for the welcome greetings!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from NC! My hubby retired from USMC almost 2 years ago , my girls are all away from home, And my house is full of cats and dogs. I do what I want to do almost everyday. I love crafts, reading, golfing, gardening, quilting and rescuing strays. Life is Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    Welcome from NC! My hubby retired from USMC almost 2 years ago , my girls are all away from home, And my house is full of cats and dogs. I do what I want to do almost everyday. I love crafts, reading, golfing, gardening, quilting and rescuing strays. Life is Great!
    Wow thank you to your family to your service to our country! It takes alot of support to do that much relocation. My father in law retired Air Force and they moved alot. What kind of animals do you rescue? We are involved with a local rescue have gotten 3 dogs adopted out here locally. What other crafts do you enjoy?

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hi Missy!
    I'm in Ohio, a native New Yorker, and fell in love with quilting about 20 years ago.
    Love everything about it! :D
    I have 3 sons who all love quilts, along with my husband who is very understanding of my addiction lol
    This is my one and only quilt forum- it's fantastic!
    Hope you like it was well :D
    Sue

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for your kind words. He attended the Marine Military Academy in Tx, the Naval Academy and then served 26 years. He did great things and we all so proud of him. The last tours were hard as it was 13 months in Iraq in charge of all the air in the area. He is a pilot. My girls and I didn't know any different and did what we had to do. It was a good life for us. Having said all that I LOVE having him home all the time now! He is a consultant to the Marine Corps and works from his office at home. We both wander around and just love our situation. Right now we have 5 cats and a jack russell and beagle. All were rescued as very young babies. That is the best way to ensure everyone grows up loving everyone else :) If I get them older and they can't manage, I get them vet checked and find wonderful homes for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Missyh5261
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    Wow thank you to your family to your service to our country! It takes alot of support to do that much relocation. My father in law retired Air Force and they moved alot. What kind of animals do you rescue? We are involved with a local rescue have gotten 3 dogs adopted out here locally. What other crafts do you enjoy?

Welcome from California...hope we see you here a lot

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast