Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hello

Hello

So, I've been a member here for a while now, I've been reading and following lots of threads, i realized I've neglected to introduce myself. I'm Dan, aka Aztec, I've been adopting sewing machines for a few years now. I get caught up in the history, and workmanship of each machine I encounter. I've found this place to be a great resource when i need help resurrecting them. I saw a thread where people were posting pictures of their machines to form a database in which members could share and request information. Id like to do that.
    nice to meet everyone

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada. I say I am not an old machine collector but I have 3, a featherweight, a singer treadle and a 99K.

Welcome from South Louisiana. I have a few machines but don't know how to work on them, so they sit until I can get my husband interested in getting them going for me. He is amazing.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Hello Dan,
    Welcome from a fellow New Hampshire quilter. Glad you joined us.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Welcome from Michigan!

Hi and Welcome from North Carolina! I have an old treadle that I can't figure out how to use. I am a little old lady and was taught to sew on one, but that was 100 years ago. I love the look of it and use it closed in its cabinet as an end table. Works for me!

Howdy! I am new to the forum and live in Texas. I started quilting about 5 years ago. Like many of the others I've read, I love the piecing, hate building the sandwich, and have minimal experience doing the quilting. I've tried FMQ but have not been bitten by that bug. I would prefer to improve my basic skills more. I also like making bags, totes, etc. I appreciate the comprehensive and well-thought out responses on the forums. Thank you to everyone who shares so much expertise.

As for machines -- my favorite is the one my Dad bought my Mom from Montgomery Wards, back in 1976. I also own a Brother Innovis 40, which is really the machine that I learned on and quilted my first quilt -- king size, straight lines, walking foot. My most often used machine is the Pfaff QE 4.2

Thank you!

Welcome from Oklahoma.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Welcome from Texas. I have two machines....a Singer TouchTronic & a Janome Magnolia 7330. My daughter has my first machine I ever bought which is a Singer purchased in 1961 (I don't remember the model # on that one). I'm looking forward to seeing some of your quilts you are working on.

Blog Entries
    Hi Dan welcome from NE Ohio.

Welcome to the board!