Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone and question >

Hi everyone and question

Hi everyone and question

Old 02-01-2022, 07:38 PM

Default Hi everyone and question

Lisa in Oregon... been making quilts intermittently since the mid-80s (changing around between knitting or painting or other hobbies); I've finished about 5 full size and a bunch of wall quilts... never mind the ones that are sitting in my project box. I think I need to figure out the thimble since quilting is hard on my fingers.

The reason I joined this forum, though, is since one of the projects I dug out of my box and have started working on, is a pattern that I started in 2015, set down in 2016, and now I just can't remember what inspired it! The pattern is not in any of my books, and google is not helping. Hopefully some experts here will have an idea what it is - I'm attaching a photo. I'm doing this as paper piecing and quilt as you go, it was all set up so it would be an easily portable project while traveling.
Attached Thumbnails flowers-closeup.jpg  
Old 02-02-2022, 03:30 AM

Welcome aboard from from Ohio! I jus have to say I have no idea what pattern that may be but it sure is beautiful, please be sure to post pictures when your are done. Great to have you here.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:23 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. It looks like it is based on Grandmother’s Flower Garden with some variations.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:41 AM

Welcome from Michigan. I agree with Tartan that the pattern is a variation of Grandmother's Flower Garden. The adjustments are lovely and interesting. Please keep finish it and display it with pride. Will watch to see if any one has the answer to your question.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!:
Old 02-02-2022, 06:44 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan were we are getting a lot of snow today and tomorrow. I don't know the name of this pattern but it sure is beautiful. It is definitely a variation of a Grandmother's Flower Garden judging by the inner flower design. Where it differs is in the outer rows where the pieces change to diamonds and half hexi's. I love it and thanks for sharing. I am glad you joined us here and jump right in and join the fun.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:48 AM

I agree. It's a variation on Grandmother's Flower Garden. I really like it. *hangs it on the inspiration wall*
Old 02-02-2022, 05:55 PM

Welcome from NE Ohio.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:22 PM

Welcome from Texas. Your quilt is going to be beautiful when it is finished. Keep us posted on the progress.
Old 02-02-2022, 09:57 PM

Thanks for the compliments! It's more interesting to work than real grandmothers flower garden... Once I can get to the library again it's probably in a book there. Paper piecing does take a long time, I nearly threw in the towel but the pattern is pretty enough and it's fun enough to work that I'm going to keep on, I can only hope it will someday actually get done. I'm impressed with people on this forum that finish a lot of quilts. I'm also currently finally putting the binding a quilt that was pieced in 2009...