Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone from Sunny FL >

Hi Everyone from Sunny FL

Hi Everyone from Sunny FL

Old 04-12-2008, 08:14 AM

Welcome Elizabeth.

I'm new also, and I think you will find a wonderful group of people here.

Currently I'm living in Arkansas, but will be moving later this year close to you, more than likely Citrus County. My in-laws have lived there for several years now, and we spend a few months out of each year there.

We are heading down May 1 for a month, and my goal is to limit out each and every day on Redfish and Sea Trout.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:45 PM

I will happily share sunshine, in fact that's the name I picked for my blog SandandSunshine.blogspot.com.

I know all those places you mentioned! How interesting that Bonnie said Hurricane Jeanne took their house. She took my bedroom and torqued the entire thing out of square, we mostly just ignore it because it did do any real damage (now hurricane Frances, she thought my kitchen ceiling would look better in my sink...) At my house we call those two "female dogs" because of the horror and venom they ripped through with.

Just wanted to say that in the past two days I have created the first 6 machine sewed blocks ever in my life (I've never even used a sewing machine before!) I've got them poseted in the photo section. :wink:
Old 04-14-2008, 03:27 AM

Elizabeth....way to go for your first blocks!! I did not know how to sew and still dont..but, quilt now:))And, I hate to be the person to tell you, your addiction is in phase one!!:))LOL Enjoy and keep making those blocks!! Post us pics if you can!! ((((clapping)))) You go girl!! Skeat
Old 04-16-2008, 07:15 AM

Yes, you must be right on that one, though with the problems mounting with my sewing machine, it's been getting the evil eye from me all morning. :evil:

Has anyone here in FL, been to Sewphisticated Inc, in Mount Dora? My local Elna dealer only carries the high end machines, and through researching Sewphisticated Inc, has them more in my price range, but they're 75 miles away, so it's a ways to go to be disappointed. I of course can't make it until UPS makes a decision about this mess.... :cry:

Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Izy

Hey Elizabeth, we have a friend for your sunny boy, this poor cat was a stray who adopted one my quilting buddies, for now apparent reason his eye developed the same sounding problem as sunny boy and he had to have it removed too!!

Here in Spain they are a word which purely means 'one-eyed' -TUERTO!!!

So that has become his nickname now!! Heres a picture of him with his mum, Jan, not long after his operation. He gets along just fine without it!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51291.jpe  
Old 04-16-2008, 08:43 AM

What a beautiful name for a beautiful cat. Interesting isn't it how it's the same eye? Truly It makes me a little crazy when I take him out and about, (which he loves) to have people "Ohhh," at him, or worse "poor cat". :lol: My Sunny is so not a poor cat. He's a spoiled rotten lover boy. If his life wants for anything it's more time outside (so now I take him out on a dog leash, but it's still not enough time). Truly he doesn't suffer, and he's not in any pain. Yes he turns his head more to see than a regular cat, but what hardship is that?

I'm so glad Tuerto found a good home with your quilting friend. Just last night I was talking to my daughter and my husband about how we only get one Sunny cat, and it's a good thing too because at this time we couldn't afford another (another medically challanged cat that is).

Animals are amazing wonders with their abilities to cope with loss, and at least they have one eye, right?

I used to worry on and off about as Sunny ages, he might begin to loose sight in his eye, but truly he gets around no problem. Last night he was being a right little rabbit, bouncing from landing point to landing point to sleep on top of my daughter's story books. Not bad for an almost four year old.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Izy

Elizabeth - its two similar stories worlds apart, just shows we are never alone ...!! :D :D