Hi everyone,

Old 06-09-2020, 07:34 PM

Default Hi everyone,

Hi all, I was raised with a sewing machine on the dining table, my mother sewed costumes for child size animated dolls my parents displayed in shopping centres, although I was a terrible student I had access to my mother's sewing stash and taught myself to sew early in life,my first project was a pillow case, as years went on and I married I made cloths for my children ,and later for myself, my daughter started sewing assisted at age 8,shes 24 now and loves making costumes and clothing too, we often sew together, occasionally my daughter in law joins us too. I have a love for upcycling and old sewing machines particularly bernina ,I love projects of all kinds. My favourite things are homemade.
I am from lake macquarie on the East Coast of Australia .

Last edited by Sewocean; 06-09-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:54 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.👋
Old 06-09-2020, 09:25 PM

I guess I should say I do quilt free hand machine embroider,I guess all things interest me, I got interested in looking after my older machines ,cleaning/servicing was a natural progression.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:16 PM

I guess I should say I do quilt free hand machine embroider,I guess all things interest me, I got interested in looking after my older machines ,cleaning/servicing was a natural progression.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:56 AM
Power Poster

Welcome and Happy Quilting
Old 06-10-2020, 03:30 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 06-10-2020, 03:50 AM

Welcome to the forums. Waving from the Seattle, WA area, or a bit south of British Columbia might place me better.

I've met many quilters from Australia over the years, you have a vibrant (if spread out) quilt community there. But the nice thing about the internet is from near and far and across time zones, we can get together here and chat with people who understand us.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:54 AM

Welcome from Southern Indiana! Doesn't sound as though you have really started quilting yet, but I know you will love it, since you love to sew. You've found the best place to share your work. We love pictures!

Old 06-10-2020, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

Hi and Welcome!
Old 06-10-2020, 07:34 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan USA! I am so glad you are joining us here. Having some one who loves to sew join us and if nothing else curious about quilting is so very welcome here. We have loads of fun here and there are so many people who are willing to share and help you along. We also have a large number of vintage sewing machine lovers here. So jump right in invite your daughter and DIL. They too are welcome here. Again welcome to the QB.