Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hi from Florida

Cool Hi from Florida

Hi
    I'm from Florida. I have been crafting since I was 4 or 5 yrs old my Mother and my Aunts all did crafts(knitting crocheting bead work ceramics flower arranging) I learned to sew when I was around 10 and have been sewing ever since. I started with clothes and then went to sewing crafts. I always went to a quilt shop not far from here to get material because it was so much nicer and not the same as what I could get at Joann's. They had a quilt and the lady said it was easy to make so I bought the pattern and material and it wasn't hard and I got hooked on quilting. I love that you have so many options with quilting. I am married and have a grown daughter, who always has a list of things that she needs made. I have always lived near the beach so I really love anything tropical or beach related. I still work full time as a x-ray tech. I have 2 friends that are now quilting, they went with me to the quilt shop one Saturday. So we joke that we have to keep working to support our habit.
    Thank you for letting me join the group.
    Dover

Hi & Welcome from another FL girl. Love our local shops and the variety of fabrics they offer. It's fun to quilt in the sunshine!

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from NE Ohio.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Hi and welcome from North Carolina... Formerly from east coast Florida... Vero Beach. And, I'm an old Gator!

Welcome from Michigan!

Welcome aboard! You are so lucky to grow up with a crafting and sewing background. Although my mom sewed and we had an old Singer available to me, we did not have any quilters in the family so I'm self taught.

I just had an urge in me to make quilts, started as a Senior in High School and 40 years later, there have been a lot of quilts.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from the Dallas Tx. area. It sounds like you are very busy. Just keep it up. When you get old like some of us are, this sewing group of people will keep you going.

Welcome Dover from another Floridian.
    I sewed on and off all my life until my paternal grandmother got me
    interested in quilting. I am not prolific and that's ok. I have health
    issues but quilting has brought a lot to my life.
    Were you born in Florida? I am a transplant, but I think after fifty
    one years it feels like I'm true blue .
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Vermont.

Hi
    Thank you everyone for welcoming me.
    Yes Mousie I am a native of Florida, I remember Florida before Disney was here and that was all orange groves. My husband is from Virginia he says he should be grandfathered in he's been here 36 yrs is married to a native and has a daughter who is a native.
    Silly Susan I live in Melbourne just a little north of Vero Beach. We use to go watch Dodger spring training games and then watch the minor league team play in the summer. Are you still a Florida Gator? We're Gators fans.

Hi Dover, welcome to the board. This place is awesome. You'll never run out of ideas and there are a lot of people to help with whatever you need

Welcome Dover from the green PNW! I lived in FL for six years but came home to the PNW and this is the coast for me. However, I miss the manatees, the pretty gulf beaches and smelling the ocean at nights.

Welcome from Texas. So glad you found a new hobby. Quilting (for me) is fun & relaxing. This board will help you with any questions you have. We love pictures!