Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from a fulltime RV'er >

Hi from a fulltime RV'er

Hi from a fulltime RV'er

Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 PM

Hope to retire in couple years and move back to Syracuse NY and also in the winter do some RVing. My DH says we have to downsize for sure and in looking at everything, gosh....my quilting room would take up the whole RV...oops....how do u downsize that.....lol
Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 PM

Welcome to the QB. We are ex-Escapees and were on the road full time for several years. Enjoy.

And to whoever asked where you keep your stash - I can answer that - anywhere there is a hole, under the couch, under the bed, in the basement (if you have one). In the microwave (well, not really).

Nita currently in MI
Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 PM

Welcome from the California desert. :thumbup:
Old 09-07-2011, 02:18 AM

Hello, and welcome from Michigan!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:02 AM

We also got rid of one couch for the sewing/embroidery machine placement. I spend my summers in coastal Maine sewing for lobster and scallops. I teach sewing some days too. Have 2 machines and my serger, but that is used in the campground rec hall or on nice days at the picnic table. I have a bit of my stash with me...rest is in our stick house in Florida. We have a wonderful discounted fabric outlet nearby tho.
Welcome to the group
Sheila
Old 09-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan.:)
Old 09-07-2011, 05:13 AM

Hi! I am also a fulltime RV'er and usually at Hart Ranch just down the road from you. But for my hubby's medical challenges we are iin Fredericksburg, TX. I am also jealous that you that you get to go the one of the best Quilt shows this weekend. When you stop at the Quilt Corral and look at the beautiful quilts hanging in the Garden...Please tell Joan and the girls that Kris misses them and I am sorry I am not there THIS YEAR. We will talk during the winter and see if the place you are at is looking for Workampers for next spring. Where are you going this winter?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:14 AM

Hi! Welcome from the W. WA state coast.

I'm new too and if you take the time to look around ALL the links you'll find this place to be more fun then Disneyland (and I've ONLY scratched the surface!). Love it!

Old 09-07-2011, 05:14 AM

We almost became full time RV'ers, but I really need the stability of a land home. So we just travel a lot by car and stay in motels or park cabins. Right now we are planning on leaving next Thursday and drive up to Nova Scotia. We will be gone for about a month. We live next to our daughter so we don't have to worry about our home. When kids were younger we did a lot of camping for our vacations and I do miss that sometime. Oh well can't have it all. Enjoy your RVing.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:18 AM

Hi and welcome from Arizona.