Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from a fulltime RV'er >

Hi from a fulltime RV'er

Hi from a fulltime RV'er

Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 PM

There is always plenty of room under the bed. We have a new 5th wheel. I have already claimed one shelf in the closet for my quilting things (including a small machine I bought just for the winter in FL.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 PM

I have streamlined my "tools" - never have an UFO - can't start a new project till the final photos are done on the current one. I store in a couple of plastic totes on my closet floor and under the couch. I keep one table inside and an extra versatile table that I use for free motion in the under cabinets. I have found sandwiching my quilts is the most challenging.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:50 PM

We have four slide-outs on our new 5th wheel so have pretty good floor space. I have an island which I love. We will soon leave for two weeks in a nice campground resort in FL. We usually camp next to my sister-n-law and her husband. We play a lot of "Hand and Foot" (card game), walk, sightsee and generally enjoy down time. We have been retired 14 years, but still need to get away from commitments and relax. Don't know how many more years we will be able to do it. We are ONLY 76 so hopefully have several good years left in us.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:25 PM

Welcome - we're not full timers but love our camping. We camp each month with our local Good Sam's Chapter, the Singing Sams and have loads of fun.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:49 PM

Welcome from another Park Hosting RVer! I am not a fulltimer but we do travel for several months at a time for hosting. We have been working towards this lifestyle our entire marriage and so happy we are here.
I always have my sewing/embroidery machine with me and all necessities!
Hope to see you on the Park Hosting road!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Welcome from Nebraska. We live on the NE/SD border so we are fortunate enough to be able to spend a lot of time in both states. Retired and in our 50's, we've been RVing part time for three years now. Just got home from a two week trip today! I'm all set up to make quilts in our RV but I'm still trying to figure out how to take my LA along with me,lol!. We're thinking of becoming winter Texans this year. My stash is all in small clear tubs which fit perfectly under the bed or under the LA when at home. It's amazing just how much you can actually pack into a 5th wheel!! Now if DH would just leave all his tools at home, I'd have a little more room for fabric ;)
Old 09-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Welcome aboard to QB from Lowell, MA. My brother and his wife have an RV and they go to a lot of "meets" or whatever they are called with Marge organizing a lot of them, something she loves to do. Enjoy the Black Hills, it is some of the most spectacular places in the US. Grew up outside Yankton, SD, the opposite side of the state, but went to the Black Hills and Rapid City with my parents, loved it. Also went to church camp there two summers, had a blast, except for the cold nights, I was warned, but who listens as a kid?? If you head East from there, be sure to stop in at Wall Drug and the Mitchell Corn Palace, decorated each year entirely in corn with some spectacular pictures. Have fun in the Black Hills and don't forget to buy some Black Hills gold jewelry, it's so gorgeous.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:32 PM

Welcome from central Texas and I also am an avid RVer...have spent months at a time in the unit and beginning Oct 1 will be a 6 mo gate keeper at one of the corp parks in our area. The sewing machine and the 3 four legged little guys are always there. Plastic boxes with 3 to 6 compartments are great for stash and notions, sm ironing board behind chair and larger amount of stash in big plastic bins in the basement....where there is a will there is a way and I use my dining table for the machine...a small two drawer file cabinet works well also...happy and safe travels to you....if you end up in Fredricksburg, maybe you can come by and stay at my park...??

Blessings and fun....
Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 PM

Welcome From West Virginia.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:24 PM

Greetings from Wisconsin.