Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from Georgia >

Hi from Georgia

Hi from Georgia

Old 06-17-2023, 06:30 PM

Default Hi from Georgia

I Quilt for Charity and can always use advise when problems arise. I bought a Design-A-Quilt machine at a yard sale. I have it running and a quilt loaded BUT the top thread keeps breaking. Any advise -- I have checked the tensions and slowed the speed and I am trying to go slow as I quilt with it. Do not know what else to do. Would love to speak to someone who has one that is working properly.
Old 06-18-2023, 03:47 AM

Waving hello from Maryland. Sorry I can't help you with the Design-a-Quilt issue and hope you get it working to your satisfaction soon.
Old 06-18-2023, 04:07 AM

Welcome to you from the mitten state. No help with your Design-a-Quilt but welcome to a group of wise and clever quilters. I am sure someone will be able to give you some suggestions. You may want to post your question as a stand alone topic so it doesn't get lost in our welcomes.
Old 06-18-2023, 06:22 AM

Hi from Texas.
This article may help you. Have you tried cleaning your machine (bobbin case area) lately. It may be full of lint. I would try a google search & see if you can get other help. I've never heard of a Design-A-Quilt sewing machine before. Wishing you luck with your problem.
https://sewingempire.com/why-does-my...keep-breaking/
Old 06-18-2023, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the article link - why does my thread keep breaking. I have tried most of that as My Hubby is my "fix it man". He has pulled the tension apart and cleaned it, pulled the bobbin area apart and cleaned it too. Checked for burs too.

What brand of thread is used for Longarm/mid arm quilting machines. I am using the one that was given to me when I bought the machine. The DAQ to me seems like a Industrial machine that was turned into a quilting machine. I bought a spool of expensive thread and it shreds even more than what was given to me.
I am needing to quilt but can't get this machine to sew for very long before the thread breaks.
Thanks for all the help and advice.