Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi! Hoping y'all can help >

Hi! Hoping y'all can help

Hi! Hoping y'all can help

Old 05-14-2023, 07:30 PM

Default Hi! Hoping y'all can help

Hey there! I'm hoping someone here could give me ideas for where I may search for a vintage homemade baby blanket that was mine from the 1980s til when I lost it in the early 00s. Sadly I don't know where I lost it or how, though it'd have been in the southeast US at least.

I just found, ...and purchased (lol), a quilt in this pattern that I randomly discovered on a clothing/etc resale site. However I'm fairly certain it's not actually my exact baby blanket. If there's somehow a small chance my "real" one may be sold somewhere I'm wondering how I'd get word out that I was ISO, and also where would I look?

I know odds are low. Plus my blanket was well loved so it's probably in a poor condition by now and not something someone would think to sell. But I have to put it out there at least!

Thank you in advance. I've attached a pic of the pattern, it is McCall's 7812 rainbow-butterfly quilt. (Though she used almost identical fabric as shown on the pattern, I don't believe my mom made it to the full size - only as big as the blue border)

Old 05-14-2023, 09:17 PM

Maybe you could try the "Missing Quilts" section of Quilter's Cache https://www.quilterscache.com/MISSINGQUILTS.html