Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm new here and from Alabama

Hi, I am from Alabama. You would think that with a screen name of The Babe I would be a young good-looking woman. WRONG! I am a 72 year old, soon to be 73 year old! My husband has always called me Babe so I just go with it. I retired 10 years ago after working about 40 years. I have 3 children, 6 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild. We live in a rural area and I enjoy cooking and am a beginner at quilting. I love to buy fabric and books much to my husband's displeasure. I am choir director at our church and am very involved in many other areas of the church as well. I will probably be more of a "lurker" here than anything else but I will jump in when I think I have something worthwhile to say. Dixie in Alabama

Hi and welcome from Northern Michigan, Jump in anytime we love tips, pictures and any thing you have to say!!

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. My son was born in Alabama, where are you? If you don't mind telling. We love pictures.

Welcome from Southern California!

Welcome Babe/Dixie, from St. Louis! Jump in when ever you feel like it, and ask lots of questions! We all like sharing information! :lol:

I live south/west of Montgomery in a place called Hope Hull. I was born in Zanesville, Ohio and moved to Montgomery in 1948. I was named Dixie with a middle name of Lee. How much more a southern name could I get. Maybe my parents (who are still alive by the way 96 and 93) must have had an inkling they would end up in the South. Don't expect pictures from me as I don't own a camera and I don't see me buying one anytime soon. LOL Thanks for the kind welcome. Dixie in Alabama

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    Welcome, dixie, to the Board! I live in MN now but was born in Mobile with my great-grandparents born and growing up in Prattville and raising their families there too...my parents now live on the same land as my great grandparents purchased and my grandparents lived on for 30+ years!

Again, welcome to the Board!

Hi Babe and Welcome from southern Indiana!!

Blog Entries
    Hi and Welcome from Northern Indiana ! Jump in whenever you want to, we love all kinds of help and comments !
    Sharon

Welcome Babe from Montevallo, Al. Iv'e been on here about 3 years now really love it so glad too have you with us Esther :D :D :D

Welcome Babe!

A big roll tide or war eagle. ;-)

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome from Massachusetts.

HI from NC Love Gulf Shores. Used to live there. Also love music, but only alto singer here :lol: :lol: Welcome! Ninnie

Quote Originally Posted by The Babe
    Hi, I am from Alabama. You would think that with a screen name of The Babe I would be a young good-looking woman. WRONG! I am a 72 year old, soon to be 73 year old! My husband has always called me Babe so I just go with it. I retired 10 years ago after working about 40 years. I have 3 children, 6 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild. We live in a rural area and I enjoy cooking and am a beginner at quilting. I love to buy fabric and books much to my husband's displeasure. I am choir director at our church and am very involved in many other areas of the church as well. I will probably be more of a "lurker" here than anything else but I will jump in when I think I have something worthwhile to say. Dixie in Alabama
    Hello The Babe, I am from alabama also, northwest part (Florence) welcome to the Board you will enjoy it here even it you just want to rant and rave or share a moment other than quilting.....Jerrie

Banned
    Hello & Welcome from Washington.. We love all kinds of pictures. Even NON quilt related. So just jump in and have fun

For me and my family it is War Eagle! Love the avatar. What pattern is this and do you have instructions? It looks very colorful and unique. Would it be easy by any chance? Off topic but I had my first hummer yesterday. That is always an important event in our household. They usually arrive here earlier than that. Maybe they are lazy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
    A big roll tide or war eagle. ;-)
    I am kind of new at doing this and I didn't direct my previous response to Sewsewquilter. It was her avatar I was entranced by. At first glance it looked like a scene from a Mexican Fiesta with all the swirling shirts. I would really like to know more about this quilt. Thanks.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hello Dixie Lee - great name!!! Welcome from France and you can be a 'babe' at any age!!!

K x

Hi Dixie-welcome from right next door, in Georgia. So glad to have you with us.

Blog Entries
    Hi Dixie, welcome from central part of Indiana! Welcome aboard you will like it here. :D

Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Board, Dixie...love your board name!!!

SC
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! I'm a "lurker" from Alabama too. Everyone here is so nice & I've learned lots from them!

Hi: I live in SE Georgia........WElcome. You will enjoy this board. So many friendly helpful quilters..... I have only been quilting about 2 years.
    Enjoy shopping for fabric. Have so much to learn about colors. I thinking I am getting there tho. LOL.

Hey Babe, mine calls me "darlin." Welcoem from East Texas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast