Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from mid-Michigan. :) >

Hi from mid-Michigan. :)

Hi from mid-Michigan. :)

Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 AM

Welcome from Midland! Mid michigan has a lot of quilt stores within a 50 mile radius, so you're in a great spot. This board is a great place to learn, get inspired and make new friends. You will love it here!
Now to the memory quilt project- you can buy Bubble Jet Set and Bubble Jet Rinse, and 200 count white muslin and make your own fabric for printing pictures. If you have a printer already, then I believe this will be a lot cheaper than buying the sheets. Especially if you plan on doing a lot. If you are only doing a little bit of the printing, then I would suggest buying the already treated sheets. Just make sure you get the washable ones. Some are dry clean only.
I print all my quilt labels on my computer and haven't had any issues.
I ordered my BJ rinse from Walmart.com and there was no shipping charge. The muslin I got at Joann. The BJ set i ordered from Amazon. There are instructions online and if you go to the site that sells all the supplies for printing on fabric, there are more tips and help. There are also books devoted to memory quilts and printing on fabric.
Good luck and you can Pm me if you have any more questions.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:19 AM

Welcome from Lansing. You are on the road to a wonderful journey. Have fun. You can learn so much from this board. Lots of information on videos on you tube. Craftsy has some classes on line. Read and watch everything you can and ask questions. Everyone here has been where you are and understands how confusing some of this can be. Above all just let you creative ideas loose and have fun.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:35 AM

welcome from se TX
Old 05-20-2013, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from S CA!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:00 AM

Hello from NW Louisiana Danielle and Ranger too. Welcome. Enjoy your journey here on the QB.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:16 AM

Welcome from SW Michigan. Lots of great information here.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 AM

Hello Danielle, welcome fom Nevada.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 AM

Hello Danielle

Try taking some notebook paper and take out your bobbin and remove the spool of thread and sew on the lines on the paper and after one sheet of paper you should see quite an improvement but if you don't want to do that most machines have a 1/4" presser foot. Where in mid-Michigan do you live??? I have family in Saginaw, MI. Just wondering.

Welcome from Adrian, MI
Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome from Minnesota! Have fun making your quilt! I need to make a t-shirt quilt for my granddaughter. She is collecting them now! She doesn't know it yet, but she will be helping with the design...and some of the sewing!!! Good luck with yours! Please show us what you make!!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to the Quilting Board. If you go to YouTube and search quilting art or quilting or if you go to Missouri Star Quilt Company they have lot of tutorials that are free. Sometimes off to the side you will see others videos to check out. Nancy's Notions is another. Have fun! you will learn a lot from this board.