Hi

Old 10-22-2007, 05:54 AM

Welcome to you Louise/Lawtongirl,
Sure can't wait to hear and see more of you AND your quilts! You've been verrrry busy!

Join in with us, share your thoughts, and just make yourself at home. We're all a lot nuts about quilting so you'll be in good company!

Happy Quilting,
Sharon
Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Howdy Lynn - did you get any info on the potholders? I would be interested too and wondered if someone might have PM'd you.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:07 PM

Hiya Louise, :)

Welcome to the group...you are in good company, we are all quilting nuts... :D I'm a full fledged quilt addict and I'm not looking for a cure! :lol:
Old 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM

No info yet on pot holders...but I'm still hopeful that someone will rescue me!! I found a book at the library on basic blocks, and I think just about any 8 inch or so block would make a nifty potholder. I did learn that the monofiliment thread might melt..that was a good tip! I would like to find just the right batting though. I have received many crocheted potholders over the years; beautiful yes, but I would often burn my hand. I'd like to make some that are safe to use.
thanks all!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:53 PM

I bought some batting awhile back for potholders, not sure what it's called, it's got silver heat resistant coating on one side. Haven't made the potholders yet, so I don't know how well it works though. :)
Old 10-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Hi, I have used 3 layers of recycled denim, cordouroy, and heavy terry towels, and the silver backed batting and have had good luck with all of this. The silver backed heat resistant batting is available at most fabric stores and on the internet. I have seen it for about $4.50 a yd but can't remember how wide the yardage is. Hope this helps! :D
Old 10-26-2007, 05:06 PM

Thanks for those great tips. I feel better now about trying to make some potholders; just maybe it will work! I sure enjoy reading all the posts, and finding out what everyone is doing.