Hi!

Old 02-08-2024, 08:51 PM

Default Hi!

Hello everyone! I’ve never joined a forum of any kind but am excited to find other simple quilters and Vintage Singer sewing machine users. I say simple because I’ve been only learning this for the last 3-4 years and am happy with simple blocks and creations.
Old 02-09-2024, 04:56 AM

Sending a warm welcome from your neighboring state of Delaware. There are some amazing quilts made from "simple" blocks and enough to keep you busy for a long time. Enjoy the journey!
Old 02-09-2024, 05:27 AM

Welcome aboard! I moved to central Illinois from the Seattle cost this past year so only halfway across the country from MD instead of all the way...

Simple can mean many things, from a style preference to a learning curve. Some of the quilting shows seem to be more about "look what my machine can do" but mostly what you need is a good steady straight stitch and vintage machines are usually wonderful about that
Old 02-09-2024, 10:25 AM

Yes, welcome. So sorry for all the SPAM posts this morning. Quilt forums seem to be a magnet for them.
enjoy our forum every day. We do all sorts of sewing here.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:43 PM
Power Poster

Hell9 and Welcome!

The skill and experience leve lof the members on this foruml varies from beginner beginner to masters of the craft.

You will find that there are various opinions on the most basic questions - so it does come down to finding what your " right way" of doing things is.