Hi there.

Old 10-10-2021, 02:51 PM

Default Hi there.

I'm up from the Seattle area. Nice site you have here. Made my first quilt last year, and have joined here to get inspired to make another, using left-overs from my last project. The twist is that I'm a middle-aged husband and father, and I'm making man-quilts mainly for myself. I also briefly became obsessed with older sewing machines along the way (I appreciate precision tools), and collected a few which I used to make my quilt. I'll post my quilt up in the picture section; from what I've seen, it's not like your average design. I welcome design ideas and fabrication tips.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:10 PM

Welcome. We also have a section for vintage & antique machines at https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...thusiasts-f22/

A hint for posting pictures -
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:48 PM

Welcome from South Louisiana. I'll have to go look for your quilt. I love the fact that you are creating your own patterns. Some of the most fascinating quilts I have ever seen were done by ladies who started sewing and just added whatever they wanted to in any order they wanted in order to make the quilt large enough. That's how we get new patterns.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I think I've figured out the picture thing, but on other forums I'm able to embed the pics in the middle of the post, full sized. Is that not possible here? Just thumbnails?
Old 10-10-2021, 05:17 PM

The thumbnails is the preferred method. If you click on the thumbnails it will open the full size. I usually right click and open the pictures in a new tab. That way when I close that tab, I don't have to go back looking for the thread that had them. I can't seem to remember to use the back icon, if I just click on the picture.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 10-10-2021, 08:35 PM

Hello Nader! I'm also from the Seattle area so still waving from a safe social distance. Glad to have you here.

Our old forums had the pictures in the posts, we switched formats a year or two ago and mostly use the thumbnails. I'm always glad to be on a forum that allows pictures at all -- I'm wordy at best so it takes me at least 10,000 words to describe a picture.

With my browser I haven't found a better way to navigate multiple attachments than clicking and using the back arrow.

Looking forward to seeing your work!
Old 10-11-2021, 03:33 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 10-11-2021, 04:35 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
Old 10-11-2021, 06:22 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! It looks like you are on the right track to having a very successful quilting lifestyle. There are many machine euthenist here and many men to share with too. Again welcome to the QB.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:49 AM

a warm welcome from Ky.